Sponsored by:

Launch Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 05:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT-S
Launch Control

Hi everyone. I am planning on taking my GT-S to the drag strip tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any tricks for using launch control. Is there a specific set of instructions to use when about to race? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to see how fast this thing is with the Weistec stage 2 tune, midpipes and downpipes.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:21 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
Originally Posted by BWAMGSF
Hi everyone. I am planning on taking my GT-S to the drag strip tomorrow and was wondering if anyone had any tricks for using launch control. Is there a specific set of instructions to use when about to race? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to see how fast this thing is with the Weistec stage 2 tune, midpipes and downpipes.
This should help: I've used it several times and it works well. Make sure the steering wheel is straight. Your car will rev to about 3500 rpms, release brake when Xmas tree shows last yellow light. I'm pretty sure that you will need to be in sport + or race mode. The detail instruction are state below. Be sure and post up your times. I'm sure all of us owners will be curious as to your results. Good luck and have fun.

Please see the instructions below for launch control of the Mercedes-AMG GT.

Depress the brake pedal with your left foot and keep it depressed. Pull and hold both steering wheel gearshift paddles.

- The RACE START Confirm: Paddle UP Cancel: Paddle DOWN message appears in the multi function display.

-> Release both steering wheel gearshift paddles.

-> To cancel: pull the left steering wheel shift paddle.
or
-> To confirm: pull the right steering wheel shift paddle.
- The RACE START available Depress accelerator message appears in the multi-function display.

Fully depress the accelerator pedal.

The engine speed increases to about 3500 rpms
The RACE START Release brake to start message appears in the multi-function display.

-> Take your foot off the brake, but keep the accelerator pedal depressed.
- The vehicle pulls away at maximum acceleration.
- The RACE START active message appears in the multi-function display.
- RACE START is deactivated when the vehicle reaches a speed of approximately 50 km/h.
- RACE START is deactivated immediately if you release the accelerator pedal during RACE START or if any of the activation conditions are no longer fulfilled. The RACE START not possible See Owner's Manual or RACE START cancelled message appears in the multi-function display.

Last edited by CAracer; 08-04-2015 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spl
Old 08-05-2015, 05:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
AMG GT-S
Thank you! I will try this later today.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTS and GLA250
So??? How did it work? What sort of times did you get?