Sponsored by:

Weistec or Renntech?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS Edition 1
Weistec or Renntech?

I am in SoCal so the obvious local choice would be Weistec but I would like to hear from other forum members as to their experiences.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Just do a search and you will see my post and few others... I was one of the first on the Weistec tune and its been great. Steve, owner, has allowed me to come back try different versions as well. I'm not sure if you know but the GTS turbos are very small and if one maxes out the boost the car will run out of steam up top. I have been testing a tune where the tq bump is pulled back slightly so the tune runs stronger at triple digit speeds. I can only do this in a local market and Weistec service is 2nd to none in this regard. FYI, my original tune gave me boatloads of tq and hp as well so I switch back and forth as the higher tq tune feels better when driving around on the street and in mild traffic.

Both nameplates are strong with success in the modding world and tunes but the local service is clearly key here and that's why I don't mind modding my cars. I must have local support and the ability to upgrade without having to do laborious tasks.
Old 08-11-2015, 03:43 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
AMG
I would wait honestly for other tuners too before jumping.
Alpha make +900hp E63s and GAD as well with their TT setup
With Weistec, I was one of the first customers to use their S/C on my SL55 when they released it and have never been more satisfied with the power.
I am anxiously waiting for my GTS too to be delievered sometime in September and am really confused now which tuner to stick with once i strt modding asap.
After-all its now a twin turbo game and there are many potential tuners who make fantastic packages.
Now someone send their car to UGR for some AMG GTS goodies ✌🏻️
Old 08-11-2015, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS Edition 1
Weistec or Renntech?

Originally Posted by Vic55
Just do a search and you will see my post and few others... I was one of the first on the Weistec tune and its been great. Steve, owner, has allowed me to come back try different versions as well. I'm not sure if you know but the GTS turbos are very small and if one maxes out the boost the car will run out of steam up top. I have been testing a tune where the tq bump is pulled back slightly so the tune runs stronger at triple digit speeds. I can only do this in a local market and Weistec service is 2nd to none in this regard. FYI, my original tune gave me boatloads of tq and hp as well so I switch back and forth as the higher tq tune feels better when driving around on the street and in mild traffic.

Both nameplates are strong with success in the modding world and tunes but the local service is clearly key here and that's why I don't mind modding my cars. I must have local support and the ability to upgrade without having to do laborious tasks.
Vic, you are a great asset to all of these forums with your knowledge and experience. Going down to Weistec on Friday. Cheers!