Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New owner - female with ?s please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Vic55
My car was 144k msrp and while I expect depreciation I do like that I got the carbon roof, rear fixed wing, and body aerodynamics; none of which are available on normal GTS cars currently.
Just curious...what kind of depreciation do you expect out of these cars? I would guess they won't drop at the same rate as the new S-Class, but they're still an AMG which are somewhat notorious for losing value. Any guesses?

Oh and Ravenred: Beautiful car. That's the color I'd get
Old 09-23-2015, 06:41 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
depreciation really really sux...............the AMG I bought brand spanking back in 2012(114) is now worth about 63.....and that's mint, which my car is not as I've had to replace the entire rear bumper.....
these cars can't be immune to that.......when I got my CLS it had just been redesigned.....
I don't think the GT's will hold either.....not like Pcars anyway
Old 09-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Green_Hornet
Just curious...what kind of depreciation do you expect out of these cars? I would guess they won't drop at the same rate as the new S-Class, but they're still an AMG which are somewhat notorious for losing value. Any guesses?

Oh and Ravenred: Beautiful car. That's the color I'd get
Honestly no clue... too early in the game except for the immediate trade in's and dealers will obviously hit those ACV's very very low. But those are not true samplings. Since its a normal Benz production car the best assessment will be as the leases come back and a more realistic early sampling hits the market. I would harbor a conservative guess around 50% of msrp in 3 years or a little higher percentage wise. Anything short of one year is just going to be an ugly ugly number. Benz can lease these things and that appeals to most vs retailing a used one that's only several months old, therefore the dealers will steal the early trade in's.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honestly no clue... too early in the game except for the immediate trade in's and dealers will obviously hit those ACV's very very low. But those are not true samplings. Since its a normal Benz production car the best assessment will be as the leases come back and a more realistic early sampling hits the market. I would harbor a conservative guess around 50% of msrp in 3 years or a little higher percentage wise. Anything short of one year is just going to be an ugly ugly number. Benz can lease these things and that appeals to most vs retailing a used one that's only several months old, therefore the dealers will steal the early trade in's.
Thanks for the informed response! I'm new to the M-B world and will be looking to trade up in a year or so and I'm exploring my options. I suspect that the new S-Class Coupe...while a beautiful vehicle...will suffer the same if not worse depreciation as the S-Class in general seems to usually be the hardest hit.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally Posted by Green_Hornet
Thanks for the informed response! I'm new to the M-B world and will be looking to trade up in a year or so and I'm exploring my options. I suspect that the new S-Class Coupe...while a beautiful vehicle...will suffer the same if not worse depreciation as the S-Class in general seems to usually be the hardest hit.
The S class coupe will be the new depreciation sucker (replacing the CL). I would wait 1-2 years after its first bought.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
The S class coupe will be the new depreciation sucker (replacing the CL). I would wait 1-2 years after its first bought.
Yes Vic

I'm on my 4th Cl. Cars with amazing cost of repair as long as you get a warranty you can buy these cars for 80k off in 3 years.

But I will be buying a GT. As it will be a keeper.