Buying Experience?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 C300, 2016 C300
Buying Experience?

Hi all,

New to this forum, but not new to the brand. After a few years working out of school and hard work, I want to reward myself with something and I've the decided that the AMG GTS would be it. I was wondering if there's any difference in the purchasing experience between the AMG GTS and any other Benz? Is there anything that I should look out for/issues that anyone has experienced?

Thanks in advance!
Old 06-21-2016, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by aambulo
Hi all,

New to this forum, but not new to the brand. After a few years working out of school and hard work, I want to reward myself with something and I've the decided that the AMG GTS would be it. I was wondering if there's any difference in the purchasing experience between the AMG GTS and any other Benz? Is there anything that I should look out for/issues that anyone has experienced?

Thanks in advance!
Obviously you want to try to stay local to either continue or develop an ongoing relationship in your area.

Where I live, there are a couple of older established dealerships that really are not interested in stepping up on a discount. One of the older dealers had four new GPS is in stock and one used. He knew very well that I knew what the numbers were. He called me back the following day saying "we don't normally do this on new cars but we will be willing to give you $1000 off of a 2017" really?!

With that being said, three months later he still has those four new GTS. I decided to go with a newer dealer in the area as they were motivated by developing new customers and trying to get as much allocation as they could as inventory is based on sales. And as a bonus, I had a lot of fun with the negotiation and was very very satisfied at the final price and the people I was working with. So to me that was what was important not just the price but the fact that the dealer Genuinely wanted a relationship.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG GTS
I bought my Edition 1 about a month after they were released. There was no negotiating and I didn't even drive it before I bought it. I think there's a lot more room for negotiating these days. But I will warn you, if you test drive one, you WILL buy one. Good luck with you purchase!
Old 06-21-2016, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by boilerup1998
I bought my Edition 1 about a month after they were released. There was no negotiating and I didn't even drive it before I bought it. I think there's a lot more room for negotiating these days. But I will warn you, if you test drive one, you WILL buy one. Good luck with you purchase!
Cheers Boiler! I'm glad you are all cleared up and enjoying this great car sir.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:57 PM

Received 245 Likes on 152 Posts
Designo White AMG GTS
It was like buying any other car for me.

Test drove it for 15 minutes. Negotiated back and forth for 30 minutes.
Old 06-30-2016, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
Wow, I didn't even think to negotiate in February 2016. If I paid MSRP on a $148k 2016 GTS, how much did I overpay?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 358 Likes on 204 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
All depends on market in your area. MSRP could be just fine.