Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Switching from a Panamera 4S to a GT...Question?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2016, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 430 Cab Designo
Switching from a Panamera 4S to a GT...Question?

Hey guys,

So I'm about to pull the trigger on an AMG GT (not S) here in the middle east (where the dealers don't know squat about their cars) and had a question about the stereo system...

I'm a bit of an audiophile and the Burmester in the Pannie was great, the spec sheet on the two 2016 GT models the dealer had didn't have the Burmester logo on them. Anyone have any idea what the base sound system is like?

Is it possible this might be the 'base' Burmester system (brochure mentioned two) or will those strictly have the logo on them?

Other than that, dealer only has a red (looked non metallic to me) exterior or selenite grey metallic..both cars have the black interior....thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Sammy
Old 06-24-2016, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by DesignoCab
Hey guys,

So I'm about to pull the trigger on an AMG GT (not S) here in the middle east (where the dealers don't know squat about their cars) and had a question about the stereo system...

I'm a bit of an audiophile and the Burmester in the Pannie was great, the spec sheet on the two 2016 GT models the dealer had didn't have the Burmester logo on them. Anyone have any idea what the base sound system is like?

Is it possible this might be the 'base' Burmester system (brochure mentioned two) or will those strictly have the logo on them?

Other than that, dealer only has a red (looked non metallic to me) exterior or selenite grey metallic..both cars have the black interior....thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Sammy
That was my question as well. But if you look at the door panel enclosure on base car it's tiny. And grill looks like s hit. And you get tweets

Plus the amp on burmester is 200 watts higher making it easier to upgrade.

It's 1300 here so I said ok. I'm just going to add JL mid base drivers and amp
Old 06-25-2016, 12:42 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
Originally Posted by DesignoCab
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Sammy
I have the base system on my GTS and I'm not impressed... I'm not even a big stereo fan. I'm sure it can be upgraded if needed. I heard that the optional system isn't much better. The Burmester name sounds like quality.
Old 06-25-2016, 01:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Well base system in GTS is Burmester although there is a upgraded burmester option.

I'm thinking the GT will have the Harmon system