Tire Pressure Correction Needed Dashboard Warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 07:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 358 Likes on 204 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Tire Pressure Correction Needed Dashboard Warning

I got my car back from the dealership today after they had it for two days. I had them repair my two right side wheels as there was some curb rash on them and they would repair them for free under the Mercedes Benz Wheel and Tire Plus package. They had to send them out to be machined and they did a perfect job I might add. They detailed the car as well. However when driving home on the freeway, the message below appeared. As you can see they added way more air then I normally use. I use the pressures as shown on the gas filler door: 31 front and 33 rear. The imbalance was read by the car and it displayed this quite helpful message. When I got home I fixed the pressures!

Old 07-29-2016, 07:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
Pretty cool that it reads an "imbalance " and not just low readings. That 5 psi has to make a big difference in ride.

No more interior pics at 20 mph lol.
Old 07-30-2016, 02:31 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
Originally Posted by California John
I got my car back from the dealership today after they had it for two days. I had them repair my two right side wheels as there was some curb rash on them and they would repair them for free under the Mercedes Benz Wheel and Tire Plus package. They had to send them out to be machined and they did a perfect job I might add. They detailed the car as well. However when driving home on the freeway, the message below appeared. As you can see they added way more air then I normally use. I use the pressures as shown on the gas filler door: 31 front and 33 rear. The imbalance was read by the car and it displayed this quite helpful message. When I got home I fixed the pressures!

I had a problem with my tire pressures the other day. I don't know why, but, my warning screen shows a different screen than yours? Mine displays a side view of our car, showing which tires are not correctly inflated.

Thinking about it, maybe because I brought up the screen in a different menu

Last edited by CAracer; 07-30-2016 at 02:33 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 07-30-2016, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 358 Likes on 204 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
This came up all by itself. But of course it is different from the normal tire pressure display one gets when diving into the menus.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Pretty cool that it reads an "imbalance " and not just low readings. That 5 psi has to make a big difference in ride.

No more interior pics at 20 mph lol.
Another nice thing is that you can set it for an imbalance. My local track is really tough on front right tires and lots of heat and pressure build up so the best set up is to run that front right 4-5 psi lower than the front left. To avoid getting crap and warnings popping up on my dash during track sessions you can reset the system to any pressure parameters that you want.