Porsche Executives get it!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by amgfan1
Hello hyperion667, hope all is well with you. I just laugh at those "PAID PLEBES" who defend the AMG GT-S which undeniably have been problematic to many owners. For people to talk about people on "vacation" and behind their back speaks volumes how lowly these people are. They can believe and say whatever they say, it means Jack Didley to me and to those who understands what PORSCHE provides and offers in terms of performance, usability, reliability, and dependability.

AMG is still special. It is the dilution that I adamantly do not approve.

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
amgfan1:

I see you still haven't gotten around to changing your site name to the "P" word.

Do you think AMG members here need to go over to the Porsche web sites and talk incessitely about their AMG's?

I am wondering where you store the hot dogs and burgers and other barbecue equipment to break out when the motors catch on fire.

You only get one more repeat post about Porsche greatness (in your mind) and sub par AMG's. Even the presidential elections are moving on.

Last edited by JSwan724; 11-25-2016 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:13 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Ml63
Originally Posted by hyperion667
It's funny Mr. Scotty, the CE other their, dumped his GTS edition 1 and also talks about how great the 43 models are, but he would never own one. What a joke!
Old 11-25-2016, 12:18 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by Td33
It's funny Mr. Scotty, the CE other their, dumped his GTS edition 1 and also talks about how great the 43 models are, but he would never own one. What a joke!
I think he's just doing his part as he is an official on that forum
He basically has to keep pumping Benz up, must be perks huh......
Old 11-25-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2016 AMG GTS, 2015 GLA45 AMG
So much venom being unleashed here. Good points can be made on both sides but why such hostility? I just came out of a 14 TT that was probably one of the best cars I've ever owned. Now I'm driving a 16 GTS which has also been great thus far. I love both brands for different reasons. Can we all just get along?
Old 11-25-2016, 12:53 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by hyperion667
I think he's just doing his part as he is an official on that forum
He basically has to keep pumping Benz up, must be perks huh......
Couldn't agree with you more and understandable.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:05 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by fixinbones
So much venom being unleashed here. Good points can be made on both sides but why such hostility? I just came out of a 14 TT that was probably one of the best cars I've ever owned. Now I'm driving a 16 GTS which has also been great thus far. I love both brands for different reasons. Can we all just get along?
For the most part we do get along. Passionate gear heads get a little crazy some times.

I currently own the 17 turbo s and love it. Best car I've ever owned.

I do think the upcoming GTR if done right and they limit the production will not only be a monster of a car, but won't sink like the titanic with depreciation.

I have seen the car in person and was very impressed!

I'm waiting for the GTBS, but only if it's a limited car so time will tell.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
For the most part we do get along. Passionate gear heads get a little crazy some times.

I currently own the 17 turbo s and love it. Best car I've ever owned.

I do think the upcoming GTR if done right and they limit the production will not only be a monster of a car, but won't sink like the titanic with depreciation.

I have seen the car in person and was very impressed!

I'm waiting for the GTBS, but only if it's a limited car so time will tell.
I think the issue is after an opinion has been posted 5 or 6 times it gets real old.

We also don't have any problem passing out a few rib shots to each other in the spirit of good competition.

TD33 Did you get any current info from MB on the US GTR pricing? The guesses on here are currently $145k or $170k base extrapolated from the Euro pricing.

Regards

Last edited by JSwan724; 11-25-2016 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:01 PM

Ml63
Originally Posted by JSwan724
We also don't have any problem passing out a few rib shots to each other in the spirit of good competition.

TD33 Did you get any current info from MB on the US GTR pricing? The guesses on here are currently $145k or $170k base extrapolated from the Euro pricing.

Regards
I check yesterday and was told nothing official yet, but look around the 170k mark. I would be shocked at a 145k, because they have made too many good improvements to this car for the lower number.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Agreed. Many thanks.

I think they official US announcement was supposed to be 11/21 but I'm not sure.
Old 11-25-2016, 05:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
YES that is why they are true DOCTORS and LAWYERS because they know what is true German Engineering. If you know where the AUTOBAHN is in Joliet Illinois, I would like to invite you to bring your highly esteemed SLS and duke it out with my humble 991 GT3RS bone stock. Bring your car title and I will bring mine. We go FIVE LAPS and who loses turns over the car title to the winner? You have a V-8, I have a flat-6. You have more than 500 ponies mine has 500 even. You should have the upper hand in paper. Stock car versus stock car. Set the day and time and let's see whose car goes on limp mode before five hard laps at the AUTOBAHN.

DEAL or NO DEAL?

Tired of these AMG wannabe's who think their AMG is the best car in the world. I have high respects to the original AMG brand but not so with the "fake ones" as I have said time and again. After I win, I will DONATE to my favorite charity your SLS and mail you the receipt of my donation from my favorite charity.

If you really want to know the REAL TOP DOG AMG, it is the "Black Series", which unfortunately you never owned.

Kept my Edition-507 as one of my family cars among my other sedan, SUV toys in the barn. If your SLS is the best toy you have then count your blessings and be happy with it, but you are so far away from having the real "TOYZ 4 DA BIG BOYZ."

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Your are just a true douche.

Newports SLS is a beauty/brute and this "you don't have a real top dog AMG " horse**** commentary is beyond reproach.

You need to GTFO of here. Creepy fan.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 11-25-2016 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jrcart
Let me know when AMG builds a car that can compete with the perfomance a Turbo S, GT3 RS or 918 Spyder.....case closed!!!
AMG builds the motor for the not too shabby Pagani Huayra & Zonda.
Old 11-25-2016, 08:15 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63 Edition-507
Hey ROMEOE55 did you really buy an AMG GT are you dreaming wide awake? How long will you fulfill your dream of owning this AMG GT? Is this gonna happen this generation or are you just like to dream?

Why don't I race your well desired AMG GT with my 991 GT3RS and even give you a three second advantage so I can permanently SHUT YOUR BIG A$$ mouth. You are all talk no show. Come to AUTOBAHN in Joliet Illinois and let me race your POS. Bring your title and make sure it is paid for, as if I win I don't want to pay off your debt when I DONATE your car to my favorite charity. . YOU SLIMY D**K. Go get lost will you. BUY the car and shut the F**K up!

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Your are just a true douche.

Newports SLS is a beauty/brute and this "you don't have a real top dog AMG " horse**** commentary is beyond reproach.

You need to GTFO of here. Creepy fan.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,246 Likes on 2,021 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Hey ROMEOE55 did you really buy an AMG GT are you dreaming wide awake? How long will you fulfill your dream of owning this AMG GT? Is this gonna happen this generation or are you just like to dream?

Why don't I race your well desired AMG GT with my 991 GT3RS and even give you a three second advantage so I can permanently SHUT YOUR BIG A$$ mouth. You are all talk no show. Come to AUTOBAHN in Joliet Illinois and let me race your POS. Bring your title and make sure it is paid for, as if I win I don't want to pay off your debt when I DONATE your car to my favorite charity. . YOU SLIMY D**K. Go get lost will you. BUY the car and shut the F**K up!

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)

To Amgfan1, looking through your 47 rants/posts I have yet to find anything that shows that you are older than 14 and not sitting in a basement dreaming about Porsche's.

You piggy-back on some legitimate posters like JR to make your hate posts sound more relevant but there's not much coming in terms of personal facts/experiences from you.

If you are real, then contribute something useful to the forum and stop trolling.
Old 11-25-2016, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 897 Likes on 630 Posts
E63S | X5
Everyone on about the Porsche engine failures... Porsche actually replaced the motors and ate the cost. Pain for owners? Probably. But I bet if you own that car it isn't your only car... so... And even if it was I bet you got a sweet loaner.

How about all the early M156 failures under non-track conditions? See MB take the hit and replace those? Nope, it's always "MB will work with you" or "throw in labor" or while you putts around town in an entry c300...

Now, MB is no doubt making way more money and selling way more cars given their offerings. However, it is absolutely diluting the AMG brand. Again though, a few salty AMG owners saying they wish AMG was more "exclusive" isn't going to sway MB. They're rolling in it and if they had to choose AMG or non-AMG models to produce (just saying IF) then it'll be non-AMG all day long. That is where the money is.

Furthermore, it is ultimately a good thing. Not every release for top model cars is going to be a home run. So the GTS was rushed and not a success, so what? I bet they learned. And while they went through the GTS release that fell on it's face they were also busy making a ton of money off these entry "43" AMG's or whatever. Money that goes towards MB as a business to keep offering cutting edge cars.

Does it bother me that a C450 became a C43 and get an AMG badge? A little. I get over it though when I slap around the 43's or whatever I come across in my 63.

Porsche may have an exclusivity edge over MB, and as far as I'm concerned they can have it.

JR -- Have you owned a p-car? You obviously have the means, and have always been in AMG's (or at least as long as I have seen/known you here). If you want the exclusivity you know it isn't a crime to own AMG's and Porsche's.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:51 AM

Ml63
Originally Posted by Wolfman
To Amgfan1, looking through your 47 rants/posts I have yet to find anything that shows that you are older than 14 and not sitting in a basement dreaming about Porsche's.

You piggy-back on some legitimate posters like JR to make your hate posts sound more relevant but there's not much coming in terms of personal facts/experiences from you.

If you are real, then contribute something useful to the forum and stop trolling.
He currently has an extremely impressive lineup of porsche cars and currently owns an AMG as well. So I would say he has a lot of exsperience and knowledge on both brands.

He's also very real. I met him and we enjoyed a day at the porsche experience center in Atlanta together. Not only a smart guy, but very genuine as well.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,246 Likes on 2,021 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
He currently has an extremely impressive lineup of porsche cars and currently owns an AMG as well. So I would say he has a lot of exsperience and knowledge on both brands.

He's also very real. I met him and we enjoyed a day at the porsche experience center in Atlanta together. Not only a smart guy, but very genuine as well.
If he is legimate that's cool and I am happy for him owning some cool cars. I am for one annoyed passing on a 918 slot, given of what these cars are worth today
But this being a MB board it helps to actually post something useful...
Old 11-26-2016, 12:57 PM

Ml63
If he is legimate that's cool and I am happy for him owning some cool cars. I am for one annoyed passing on a 918 slot, given of what these cars are worth today
I hear you.

The 918 out of my league then and most certainly know. I am enjoying my 17 911 turbo s while I wait for the GTBS too come out. Looks like car will be released in 2018 so maybe able to place order end of next year
Old 11-26-2016, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Well said wolf man. Fan man is posting pics of his 911 in a "GT blown engine " thread where's there is no blown engine that I could see.

And Despite driving a C class, he has no ability to contribute anything at all here on the GT forum. I wonder if he's ever driven one.

I say we close this thread as it's useless here and anywhere else.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 11-26-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T

Drive safe,
amgfan1 (PORSCHE Lover)
Ok FAN

Let's go here in a real track at Road atlanta. Bring your title on your coveted 911r for titles.
Old 11-26-2016, 07:32 PM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,400 Likes on 2,845 Posts
2012 CLS63
hi guys, this is my 911 GT3 RS

Old 11-27-2016, 02:32 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
18'Porsche GT3, 16' Ram 3500 mega diesel,30' Model A Ratrod, 17' E43
Ok FAN

Let's go here in a real track at Road atlanta. Bring your title on your coveted 911r for titles.

I'm a fan of both cars, but if you think that your AMG GT(NOT S) Un-tuned car will hang with a 911R on a track you are going to lose your title,,,, EASILY... I am happy that you are pleased with your purchase, but I am sorry when I say that this car is bland and boring. Honestly, no disrespect, but this picture does no justice for a AMG GT. And I do not know him or approve of anything that AMGFAN1 says, just my opinion.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:12 AM

Ml63
Originally Posted by RobbieRob
I'm a fan of both cars, but if you think that your AMG GT(NOT S) Un-tuned car will hang with a 911R on a track you are going to lose your title,,,, EASILY... I am happy that you are pleased with your purchase, but I am sorry when I say that this car is bland and boring. Honestly, no disrespect, but this picture does no justice for a AMG GT. And I do not know him or approve of anything that AMGFAN1 says, just my opinion.
Agreed. Stock vs stock the GT loses big time unless the driver of the 911r falls asleep.

Not a good bet for the GT at all. Drinking way too much AMG cool aid, but I love your spirit
Old 11-27-2016, 07:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
That was my point. Florence is asleep

I'm waiting for a a GTR TO GTR throw down.

Last edited by AMG 17GT; 11-27-2016 at 07:40 AM.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:46 AM

Ml63
That was my point. Florence is asleep
I knew you were too smart to race that 911r haha. More HP and 500 pounds less weight. Would be like bringing a rubber knife to a gun fight.

Love the black Since I am OCD and love detailing my cars not a problem for me.

A nice tint will give a more menacing look for sure.
Old 11-27-2016, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
I knew you were too smart to race that 911r haha. More HP and 500 pounds less weight. Would be like bringing a rubber knife to a gun fight.

Love the black Since I am OCD and love detailing my cars not a problem for me.

A nice tint will give a more menacing look for sure.
Yeah, Car needs a few tweaks for sure.all in good time. As you know, I just received it a week ago.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Executives get it!