1/2 Mile Run

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 10:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by emericr
That's what I thought it meant and I am not sure I want to be taking one hand off and my eyes of the runway while I am at full throttle above 75mph to hit and hold the button for 2 seconds to get the spoiler down...
I would rather be 1mph slower but less risk of an accident. Catch my drift
Yeah, it was probably more me being focused on track in front of than forgetting

Maybe press and hold after start. I'll mess around with it over weekend
Old 05-12-2017, 10:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 54 Likes on 44 Posts
2008 CLK63 Black Series 2012 C63 Black Series 2014 SLS Black Series
Originally Posted by emericr
That's what I thought it meant and I am not sure I want to be taking one hand off and my eyes of the runway while I am at full throttle above 75mph to hit and hold the button for 2 seconds to get the spoiler down...
I would rather be 1mph slower but less risk of an accident. Catch my drift
Dude, these cars are so stable you can do it with no hands, there is an onboard GoPro video of me at an airstrip event making a no hands pass in my C63 at about 170mph.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:09 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by jrcart
Dude, these cars are so stable you can do it with no hands, there is an onboard GoPro video of me at an airstrip event making a no hands pass in my C63 at about 170mph.
They are quite stable.

Could be worse

Old 05-12-2017, 07:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 167 Likes on 133 Posts
2021 Porsche TTS
I am not doubting the car's stability, just the driver's ability i.e. moi
Originally Posted by jrcart
Old 05-13-2017, 01:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Messing around with car today with traction control "off" and my impression was that in s straight line it's significantly better and smoother at hooking up after first gear. I could also tell it's never all the way off.

Also, after pressing spoiler button when up it goes down and stays down even after getting to speed again. It probably resets when car is turned off.
Old 05-15-2017, 10:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
Messing around with car today with traction control "off" and my impression was that in s straight line it's significantly better and smoother at hooking up after first gear. I could also tell it's never all the way off.

Also, after pressing spoiler button when up it goes down and stays down even after getting to speed again. It probably resets when car is turned off.
Yeah the traction control is crazy aggressive in every MB I've driven.

I'm shocked the stability control module will allow the driver to manipulate a safety device like that. Clearly the spoiler-down position still offers sufficient downforce to keep the car planted. Does the spoiler overlap the rear fenders, even when the spoiler is down? I know on the standard GTS, the rear is butter-smooth unless the spoiler pops up.