Sponsored by:

Adaptive Transmission

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 12:04 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
Adaptive Transmission

Does anybody know if the speedshift DCT utilizes the same "learning" feature that some of my older benz' models had? Reason I ask is that I have roughly 1000 miles on the clock, but I feel like it shifts differently than it did when at mile 7. I know on the older models there was some sort of a "reset" procedure, and after doing it, the car felt as-if it had just gotten a little "tune-up"! Just shifted better all around, not trying to compensate/learn how to deal with my pedal mashing. . Anybody know if this procedure is capable of being performed on the GT Platform, and if so - has anybody done it with positive results?
The following users liked this post:
AtTheGlen (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
A=yes
B=you need factory diagnostic software to reset
C=then if you don't drive the same in the next 1000 miles\km you do it again and again bla bla
AtTheGlen (03-28-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 01:29 PM

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cpe (992); 2023 Taycan GTS sedan
Would love more info on adaptive transmission!

I appreciate the thread. My wife drives our GT S as much as I do. She's a good driver but is always in Comfort Everything/Sport Nothing. Based on previous M-B/AMG experience, I wondered if her very conservative driving style and maybe not being as smooth in power delivery is "reprogramming" the transmission. In some cases, where stop-and-go driving is unavoidable, it would seem that this could soften response. Too bad there isn't a "memory button" for "who's the driver" like we have for seat positions! I have a great service representative. I'll talk to him about this re: periodic resets. This might be why I'm always using manual shifting when in Comfort mode although I'm typically happy being in auto with the Sport+ transmission/throttle response setting in my Individual mode set-up.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,040 Likes on 964 Posts
1999 E300TD
You will no doubt be better served if and when you decide to purchase a less spiffy car like a Chevy Volt for the wife and wait for the MB to adapt to your driving style
Old 03-28-2017, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 202 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by AtTheGlen
I appreciate the thread. My wife drives our GT S as much as I do. She's a good driver but is always in Comfort Everything/Sport Nothing. Based on previous M-B/AMG experience, I wondered if her very conservative driving style and maybe not being as smooth in power delivery is "reprogramming" the transmission. In some cases, where stop-and-go driving is unavoidable, it would seem that this could soften response. Too bad there isn't a "memory button" for "who's the driver" like we have for seat positions! I have a great service representative. I'll talk to him about this re: periodic resets. This might be why I'm always using manual shifting when in Comfort mode although I'm typically happy being in auto with the Sport+ transmission/throttle response setting in my Individual mode set-up.
Yep, her driving does reprogram the computer in the sense that her inputs are measured and are paid attention to last (meaning most recent). When I take my GTS up in the mountains and drive it like it wants to be driven, the sport+ mode while I am in the mountains remembers everything and holds shifts really long. When I get back home, for some amount of time after having been in the mountains, the sport+ mode is much more aggressive than when driving around normally on city streets. It then gradually loses its memory of the mountains. Sort of like old age!
AtTheGlen (03-29-2017)
Old 03-28-2017, 09:40 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
G63,GT
Originally Posted by Plutoe
A=yes
B=you need factory diagnostic software to reset
C=then if you don't drive the same in the next 1000 miles\km you do it again and again bla bla
Plutoe,

Really? It looks like many other models allow it through a simple 2 minute procedure with the accessory power turned on and then holding down the gas pedal. Not so with the GT?

Thanks!