Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AMG Driving Academy - Lime Rock - GTR's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 04:36 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1, 2007 Alpina B7, 1987 560SL, 2011 E350 Wagon, Ural Patrol
AMG Driving Academy - Lime Rock - GTR's

Just returned from an AMG Driving School at Lime Rock. First class operation. To say I was astonished by the volume of AMG vehicles they brought in is an understatement. I believe I counted 21 GT's, including 8 GTR's alone plus one GTC.

Aside from the chance to thrash a sibling GTS around the track, highlights included quite a bit of seat time in the new E63s on a short track and C63 on a skidpad. The class gave me a true appreciation for how sticky the GTS truly is and what a beating it can take beyond that. The GTS's all had 17-19k miles on them and stay running from 0600-1800 each day, no breaks.

The GTR's were delivered just the day before and most instructors didn't have seat time. Because the rain was on/off and threatening all day, the GTR's were only used for taxi rides. Have to admit, they are gorgeous.
Old 08-20-2017, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 700 Likes on 533 Posts
R Nine T
Originally Posted by 06032
Just returned from an AMG Driving School at Lime Rock. First class operation. To say I was astonished by the volume of AMG vehicles they brought in is an understatement. I believe I counted 21 GT's, including 8 GTR's alone plus one GTC.

Aside from the chance to thrash a sibling GTS around the track, highlights included quite a bit of seat time in the new E63s on a short track and C63 on a skidpad. The class gave me a true appreciation for how sticky the GTS truly is and what a beating it can take beyond that. The GTS's all had 17-19k miles on them and stay running from 0600-1800 each day, no breaks.

The GTR's were delivered just the day before and most instructors didn't have seat time. Because the rain was on/off and threatening all day, the GTR's were only used for taxi rides. Have to admit, they are gorgeous.
That's awesome. I will be at COTA in December.