Sponsored by:

White dots on cowl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 12:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
White dots on cowl

I notice white dots on drivers side cowl between hood and windshield. At first looked like splattered dry wax but inspire or repeated cleaning I always notice these little dots.
Anyone knows what this is?
Old 09-26-2017, 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 127 Likes on 76 Posts
AMG GTBS, AMG GTR Pro, AMG GT, C63 AMG, Porsche Panamera 4S, RX-7 FC Turbo II
Originally Posted by Stevie g
I notice white dots on drivers side cowl between hood and windshield. At first looked like splattered dry wax but inspire or repeated cleaning I always notice these little dots.
Do you wash your car with well water by any chance?
Old 09-26-2017, 07:37 AM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
It sounds like you need to clay the car and remove these deposits. This can easily happen just from driving through or past some construction areas or road repairs.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:48 AM

2016 AMG GTS
Thank you for answers but I don't have well water and these are not watermarks. This is on plastic on drivers side where wipers are and it is minute tan marks/dots looks like wax spatter which easily wipes clean but always recurs. I'll try and take pic later. Thx
Old 09-26-2017, 08:00 AM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Thank you for answers but I don't have well water and these are not watermarks. This is on plastic on drivers side where wipers are and it is minute tan marks/dots looks like wax spatter which easily wipes clean but always recurs. I'll try and take pic later. Thx
I didn't mean water marks. I'm envisioning tiny dots. Now from what your saying, it sounds almost as if someone buffed your paint and the buffer splattered that area. OR they are mineral deposits that were successfully clayed off the paint but not the plastic.

Just so you know: if the car was ever near overspray, a detailer can get the overspray off the paint, but it's almost impossible to get off the plastic trim pieces.

Its really hard hard to say without knowing the history of your car. Did you buy it new or used and when did these marks appear?

You may may even do better to post this thread and pictures on a different forum that focuses on auto detailing like autogeek.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:53 PM

2016 AMG GTS
I will check it out w auto detailed. Thanks