Sponsored by:

Rattles and creaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 07:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gts
Rattles and creaks

I know there are some rattle posts out there but couldn’t find one specific for the GT’s. I have a 2016 gts with just over 2500 miles. There is an obvious rattle, buzz, noise coming from driver door that amplify’s the rougher the road. Rattle #2 appears to come from the rear passenger plastic strut cover. It basically is behind passengers head rest next to the rear window. Annoying for passenger. #3 is the passenger seat where the thigh bolsters up on the door side of the seat. Simply touching it makes it sound like a rocking chair noise. Maybe some fat *** was a passenger and dislodged something but it doesn’t look broken. Anyone else have such an experience? I hate to have my car taken apart, Because I just don’t trust the way it will go back together. Any advice is appreciated.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:14 AM

Received 97 Likes on 90 Posts
911 991 TTS, Audi RS6 C7 Performance Edition, AMG GTS
This thread may help:

https://mbworld.org/forums/amg-gt-gt...hatchback.html

I had a few rattles which I eventually managed to fix myself. There are pics in the thread which will help you to remove trim sections from at least some of the areas you mention (I think!).
Old 11-15-2017, 06:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS AMG
Originally Posted by 2016 GTS
I know there are some rattle posts out there but couldn’t find one specific for the GT’s. I have a 2016 gts with just over 2500 miles. There is an obvious rattle, buzz, noise coming from driver door that amplify’s the rougher the road. Rattle #2 appears to come from the rear passenger plastic strut cover. It basically is behind passengers head rest next to the rear window. Annoying for passenger. #3 is the passenger seat where the thigh bolsters up on the door side of the seat. Simply touching it makes it sound like a rocking chair noise. Maybe some fat *** was a passenger and dislodged something but it doesn’t look broken. Anyone else have such an experience? I hate to have my car taken apart, Because I just don’t trust the way it will go back together. Any advice is appreciated.
I had a driver's seat rattle. The dealership fixed it, but damaged my paint and installedt the steering wheel on off center. The seat is fixed. Dealer paid for some paint work
Old 11-20-2017, 08:19 PM

Gts
Anyone have the manuf procedure to remove the driver door panel?
Old 11-22-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
AMG GTR, Subaru Rally Car,Model X P100D
I've got rattles and creaks in the center console of my GTR, just haven't had time to take it in and get it looked at. Symptom of sitting at the VPC in the sun for 6+ months I think.
Old 11-27-2017, 08:30 PM

AMG GTR
Anyone else hearing a loud "clunk" when putting the GT R in reverse and backing up?