Questions for any new GTC Roadster owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2017, 01:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
2012 CLS63, 2009 Scud, 1978 930 Turbo
Questions for any new GTC Roadster owners

Greetings to all~

I am considering adding a GTC Roadster in the next several months. Have a few questions that I am hoping any new owners can answer:

1) Is the ride bearable in the softest setting? I have been spoiled by my McLaren and have found that I really don't want a sports car that is a bonecrusher at all times. I found a 991 GT3 too hard to live with on a daily basis. I have no interest in a GT3RS anymore for the same reason. In fact, my daily driver is a C63S and I wish its suspension was softer in comfort mode. So I am hoping that the GTC is a little more bearable. Thoughts from owners?

2) Is there a hesitation when you take off from a start in comfort? If I have my C63S in comfort (which it defaults to every time), whenever I take off from a stop there is a lag for a split second. Either I have to hit the gas a little harder, in which case I take off rather abruptly, or deal with the lag. I would love to hear there is no such lag with the GTC.

3) How is the top? Specifically wind noise or buffeting at speed? I have had a few retractable hardtops (which I love) so I am kind of leery about going back to an actual soft top convertible.

Lastly I would welcome any other general thoughts from new owners. Thanks to all in advance!

Rob
Old 11-26-2017, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 356 Likes on 202 Posts
2022 AMG SL63
Originally Posted by wolfturbo
Greetings to all~

I am considering adding a GTC Roadster in the next several months. Have a few questions that I am hoping any new owners can answer:

1) Is the ride bearable in the softest setting? I have been spoiled by my McLaren and have found that I really don't want a sports car that is a bonecrusher at all times. I found a 991 GT3 too hard to live with on a daily basis. I have no interest in a GT3RS anymore for the same reason. In fact, my daily driver is a C63S and I wish its suspension was softer in comfort mode. So I am hoping that the GTC is a little more bearable. Thoughts from owners?

2) Is there a hesitation when you take off from a start in comfort? If I have my C63S in comfort (which it defaults to every time), whenever I take off from a stop there is a lag for a split second. Either I have to hit the gas a little harder, in which case I take off rather abruptly, or deal with the lag. I would love to hear there is no such lag with the GTC.

3) How is the top? Specifically wind noise or buffeting at speed? I have had a few retractable hardtops (which I love) so I am kind of leery about going back to an actual soft top convertible.

Lastly I would welcome any other general thoughts from new owners. Thanks to all in advance!

Rob
Go to initial impressions here: GTC Review
Old 11-26-2017, 10:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2020 GTR Roadster, 2020 GT63S
The soft top is excellent. My wife has an SL550, and I have the GTC Roadster. With the top up, there is really very little difference - no difference in wind noise, but a little of the wonderful exhaust note comes through. With the top down, the lack of wind noise and buffeting is a pleasant surprise. The wind is less intrusive than the SL, or the SLS Roadster that I used to drive.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
300sl roadster
(1) I hate to report but I was quite surprised at the ride quality in comfort mode.. didn't expect a soft ride but after a number of miles I was having to remind myself that the AMG GT-C is one step down from the GT-R so I guess it should be taunt...I would say that in Sport + mode that the ride quality is on the harsh side and I have a Porsche C/GT to compare it to...

(2) I was more than shocked at the performance in Comfort mode... maybe the shock settings should match the transmission settings in comfort... really pathetic for this level sports car... but I have found the personal settings dial and now chose my settings every time I start the car... made a huge difference...I don't sence any hesitation when pulling away... the transmission shifts are really sharp but again, you have to go to settings to get the performance out of the car vs. comfort...

(3) the soft top is very nice.. fit and quality are the best I've ever seen in an open top car... not sure that it should be referred to as a "soft top"... not a hard top either but a really nice product...

I also would say that the handling is really sharp.. my first car with rear steering and not real sure of the impact but the handling is on point.
Old 11-26-2017, 10:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
2012 CLS63, 2009 Scud, 1978 930 Turbo
Thanks for the feedback guys. Most appreciated!!!