Sponsored by:

Any news on GTR PRO ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 06:26 PM

Received 258 Likes on 140 Posts
AMG GT R Pro
Originally Posted by AMGBEASTMODE
Good question @jn66 I think it'll be in production in aug/sept...it's non-changeable at this point
I think we are roughly around the same. I have an alleged build month of August. Looking forward to seeing these start to arrive for everyone. Be nice to get some real world reviews for day to day driving on the street. We've all listened too and read the track reviews will be nice to see how it handles the day to day.
The following users liked this post:
AMGBEASTMODE (07-30-2019)
Old 07-24-2019, 07:07 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Amg gtr and gts
I am in Calgary- my PRO was to land in Halifax yesterday. Should take approximately two weeks more to be in Calgary.
Old 07-24-2019, 11:52 PM

Received 258 Likes on 140 Posts
AMG GT R Pro
Originally Posted by Gtrblack
I am in Calgary- my PRO was to land in Halifax yesterday. Should take approximately two weeks more to be in Calgary.
Good luck man. Let us know what you think when you receive it and get a couple of road miles on it. I am envious that I have to wait still!
Old 07-29-2019, 11:25 PM

Received 208 Likes on 121 Posts
Winnebago, Yugo
Said my good-byes to the red Beast tonight, bringing the new baby boy home on Thursday.

Last edited by canucklehead; 07-29-2019 at 11:28 PM.
thebishman (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Looks good!!
Old 07-30-2019, 06:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 538 Likes on 337 Posts
2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by canucklehead
Said my good-byes to the red Beast tonight, bringing the new baby boy home on Thursday.

Was the dealer reasonable on the “R” trade value?
The following 2 users liked this post by JSwan724:
AMGBEASTMODE (07-30-2019), Pete De La Mare (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 09:46 AM

Winnebago, Yugo
Originally Posted by JSwan724
Was the dealer reasonable on the “R” trade value?
I got absolutely murdered on the trade, fuking murdered. Pay to play.
When I ordered the PRO, at that time we tossed some trade numbers around which were reasonable.
But come game day, the actual value of my trade was significantly less. While I ended up taking the car, I most likely would never had ordered the PRO knowing what I would eventually take on trade.
With the '19s coming in the '18s are taking a beating.
Many used GTRs sitting on lots here in Canada. I'd say very small used market for this car in Canada.

Last edited by canucklehead; 07-30-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I mean no disrespect at all, but it seems stupid to me to lose your *** on a car that is 98% the same as a GTR. Maybe its just that I don't see the appeal in the "add some stickers and canards and charge $40K more" but thats just me. Don't get me wrong, its a gorgeous performance car, exactly like the GTR etc, but unless you have $60K + just burning a hole in your wallet or under the couch cushions, why "lose your ***" on a trade for "basically" the same car? Not only did you have to pay the premium for the PRO but you also lost on the trade. Unless you wanted blue and you just craved newer and "better". The 2018 GTR, in many opinions, is a more raw equipped car. The analog dash, the tactile dials, the car overall width, the overall price, the console navigation dial, etc, so newer is not always better. But to each their own I guess. Never the less you are luck and enjoy! Congrats on the PRO, hope you enjoy it for sure! Post pics!

Last edited by ZephyrAMG; 07-30-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Orcbolg (07-30-2019)
Old 07-30-2019, 03:27 PM

Winnebago, Yugo
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
I mean no disrespect at all, but it seems stupid to me to loose your *** on a car that is 98% the same as a GTR. Maybe its just that I don't see the appeal in the "add some stickers and canards and charge $40K more" but thats just me. Don't get me wrong, its a gorgeous performance car, exactly like the GTR etc, but unless you have $60K + just burning a hole in your wallet or under the couch cushions, why "loose your ***" on a trade for "basically" the same car? Not only did you have to pay the premium for the PRO but you also lost on the trade. Unless you wanted blue and you just craved newer and "better". The 2018 GTR, in many opinions, is a more raw equipped car. The analog dash, the tactile dials, the car overall width, the overall price, the console navigation dial, etc, so newer is not always better. But to each their own I guess. Never the less you are luck and enjoy! Congrats on the PRO, hope you enjoy it for sure! Post pics!

Sure I took a hit but not going to lose any sleep over it, it brings me some shallow enjoyment and instant gratification (I joke).
Could be worse I suppose, it is not like McLaren level depreciation.
Not sure I agree the outgoing GTR is somehow more 'raw' than the PRO because it has analog dash and twisty controls which would be the last reason for considering a car such as the PRO.
Not that I am any fan of the digital display but reading the gauges and other information at speed on track will be much easier, so that is all I care about. This is a track car first and DD second.
I have sat in the car and played with the dash and controls along with the infotainment software. It is impressive.
If I want to drive something that is truly analog and raw I will jump in my 1969 L71 Corvette.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
I am very sorry you had to take a hit. I am assuming 35-40% based on your response. Am I in the ballpark?

I want to start following 2018 “R” trade values more closely since a BLACK is in my future.

Many thanks for sharing.

Jerry
Old 07-30-2019, 04:00 PM

Winnebago, Yugo
Originally Posted by JSwan724
I am very sorry you had to take a hit. I am assuming 35-40% based on your response. Am I in the ballpark?

I want to start following 2018 “R” trade values more closely since a BLACK is in my future.

Many thanks for sharing.

Jerry
It was a bit over 30%.
I would like a crack at getting a Black Series as well, so my thought was this purchase was bit strategic towards that goal.
My dealer is only getting one GTR BS.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:04 PM

Amg gtr and gts
Sorry to hear that your trade in price was harsh. Are you in Toronto? I am waiting on my PRO to arrive in next week or so.

My trade in value on my GTR I felt was fair. About 11% off from what I paid for it. And they have already sold it. But I traded the GTR to them at the start of the summer. I think that really helped get a better price. I wanted to get the GTR out before all the trade ins started showing up from PRO deliveries.
Anyone sitting with a GTR now in Canada is getting nervous because we only have another month of summer per say.

I also went for the PRO because I also am trying to get a Black Series so totally agree with your logic of why you went ahead with the purchase.

I think we we will both enjoy the PRO and we both have only one of 35 that are coming into Canada.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:22 PM

Winnebago, Yugo
Sorry to hear that your trade in price was harsh. Are you in Toronto? I am waiting on my PRO to arrive in next week or so.

My trade in value on my GTR I felt was fair. About 11% off from what I paid for it. And they have already sold it. But I traded the GTR to them at the start of the summer. I think that really helped get a better price. I wanted to get the GTR out before all the trade ins started showing up from PRO deliveries.
Anyone sitting with a GTR now in Canada is getting nervous because we only have another month of summer per say.

I also went for the PRO because I also am trying to get a Black Series so totally agree with your logic of why you went ahead with the purchase.

I think we we will both enjoy the PRO and we both have only one of 35 that are coming into Canada.
Back in February the trade number the dealer was suggesting was around 20%.
I am in Edmonton, Toronto is definitely a much stronger market. I would say the number of people shopping GTRs in Edmonton to be < 10. LOL
Old 07-30-2019, 05:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Get your name and a deposit on the BLACK ASAP.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:15 PM

Amg gtr and gts
I am in Calgary. The value of the GTR seems to be set with or without options. Options have very little value on resale. If you optioned your GTR heavily with say carbon ceramic brakes, or the bermeister stereo then your GTR will take a higher hit. I optioned my GTR pretty lean which helped minimize the drop. My GTR also only had 500 kms so another factor to help resale.

So you plan to run your PRO at Castrol or are you hoping to get on the new planned track at Carstairs? We probably will run into each other- especially now I see the color of your PRO. Mine is magnetite black.

For those critical of the price of the PRO. I feel it is competitive with the GT3RS. The GT3RS comes in at a lower base but then add in carbon ceramic brakes for $10G (Cdn dollars) and the Weissach package for $20G which is basically the carbon fibre package then the GT3RS is higher priced. In Cda the PRO is $35G over the base GTR. Add in standard carbon ceramic brakes for $13G ( Cdn $) and I feel the other detailed suspension parts seem not terribly out of line. Especially for a limited production car.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:43 PM

Winnebago, Yugo
I am in Calgary. The value of the GTR seems to be set with or without options. Options have very little value on resale. If you optioned your GTR heavily with say carbon ceramic brakes, or the bermeister stereo then your GTR will take a higher hit. I optioned my GTR pretty lean which helped minimize the drop. My GTR also only had 500 kms so another factor to help resale.

So you plan to run your PRO at Castrol or are you hoping to get on the new planned track at Carstairs? We probably will run into each other- especially now I see the color of your PRO. Mine is magnetite black.

For those critical of the price of the PRO. I feel it is competitive with the GT3RS. The GT3RS comes in at a lower base but then add in carbon ceramic brakes for $10G (Cdn dollars) and the Weissach package for $20G which is basically the carbon fibre package then the GT3RS is higher priced. In Cda the PRO is $35G over the base GTR. Add in standard carbon ceramic brakes for $13G ( Cdn $) and I feel the other detailed suspension parts seem not terribly out of line. Especially for a limited production car.
Yeah my old GTR had all options so that was part of the big hit. My intention was to order the PRO with zero options other than paint since it would see limited street use. It ended up with the distronic and carbon fiber II package which I didn't want. I thought all the CF was part of the PRO package at the time. The ordering system was not up yet when my order was placed and we did a somewhat blind manual order.

I run with Track Junkies at Castol. Wanting to get out to Area 27 is on the wish list.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It’s gonna be a savage feast for those wanting to pick up used GTRs now. Get ‘em while their hot
Old 08-01-2019, 09:03 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
991 gt3, GL350, X5 5.0 coming soon Mustang GT500, GTR PRO, GTR Black Series
any review on the drive of the pro?

I am surprised how early these cars are coming in. When I placed my order the dealer told me probably early 2020, If the car is here this early I may have to make a decision on whether or not to keep my gt3 or change it for the pro.

I will take delivery of my PRO no matter what because I too have the dealers only allocation of the black series and don't want to mess that up.