Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JoyEAuto Carplay Installation Instructions (Works)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2022, 11:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 AMG GTS
This was incredibly helpful thank you for putting this together… I did the install today… hardest part was getting the original head unit to fit back in the slot with all the new cables behind it
Old 12-23-2022, 05:00 AM

Received 106 Likes on 73 Posts
W222, W221, W218, W211
Two things - usb dongle is not necessary with NTG5, one more (huge) sound quality improvement because you connect directly to aux (Aux can be enabled either via DTS or Vediamo, OR from the setup option in the box itself). Roadtop models come included with this option (although poor quality USB DAC is also included) and also don't require any additional capacitors or filters to make the sound clean and buzz-free...
Also, newer models (RoadTop included) do not require the external mic, meaning that you don't need the crappy Chinese mic - all BT call-related stuff is handled by OE setup - the device hands over the control to the builtin system. Your phone remains connected to two devices at once in this setup, but calls are done via OE BT system.
Lastly also, there is no need for the microphone to support "hey siri" nor "hey google" commands... works via native BT mic.

Thanks very much for pictures on removing the console - I was unable to find out any more detailed instructions on how to remove it (without damaging).
Old 12-23-2022, 02:13 PM

Received 381 Likes on 244 Posts
In case anyone's interested, I've been using the Carlinkit 4 in my GTR to go wireless ApplePlay and it's been working just fine. I mostly use ApplePlay for navigation, given that Mercedes' maps are so terribly lame (places that have been around for over 10 years, still not on current maps!). It is definitely nice to not have to plug in/out the iPhone every time I get in/out of the car. For me, the physical-connection requirement made ApplePlay mostly a no-go.
Old 12-25-2022, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 623 Likes on 369 Posts
2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by user33
In case anyone's interested, I've been using the Carlinkit 4 in my GTR to go wireless ApplePlay and it's been working just fine. I mostly use ApplePlay for navigation, given that Mercedes' maps are so terribly lame (places that have been around for over 10 years, still not on current maps!). It is definitely nice to not have to plug in/out the iPhone every time I get in/out of the car. For me, the physical-connection requirement made ApplePlay mostly a no-go.
I just ordered on this comment - nice to know you got to work!

Anything tricky with pairing? Given it connects to the head unit do you deactivate etc? I had one that was supposed to do the same, but pairing became a real problem - couldnt get it to work. If you could share your experience, that would be great!
Old 12-26-2022, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Skilly
... If you could share your experience, that would be great!
Not much to share. Purchased it via Amazon a few months ago, so I could return if it was problematic. Read the many reviews and saw that, for some, getting the initial connection required some unplugging and retrying ... but, for me, it pretty much just worked. I also downloaded their app for iPhone. For reference, my car's build sheet lists COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5.

In spite of their warnings to the contrary, I did update it to the latest firmware (no noticeable change). I will, however, leave it alone unless some car update causes an issue (Definition: Software Update -- changing known problems for unknown problems!)

I also ping'd the seller (QuTu Official Store) to ask about some of the app settings/options and received an overnight reply. FYI, here's the info:

- Sync mode in advanced settings is a way to switch to sync mode when your media information is not displayed properly when your car is using the box

- Background mode is when the screen shows a black screen after some cars are connected to the phone, you can turn on the background mode

- The difference between ''CD'' and ''DVD'' depends on your car, if the media such as music will become jerky and noisy after connecting to the box, you can switch the media sound quality, after switching, you need to unplug the box and reconnect it to take effect

- Turn off ''GPS'' will use your original car GPS by default, if you have a problem of drifting navigation after connecting the phone, you can turn on this option

FWIW, I turned off GPS because the car's antenna-based reception will normally be better than the pocketed iPhone, but I've not noticed any difference with the short tests I did.

As I mentioned, I was primarily interested in using non-MBZ nav. I almost never listen to music in the car (well, except for the exhaust music!). I'd say the unit adds a slight delay, maybe a second or so, which I'd expected. For me, I didn't find it annoying or problematic (perhaps partly because it seems consistent).

If you (or other people) use more of the CarPlay features and find different results, it'd be good to add some details.
The following users liked this post:
Lizard (05-29-2023)
Old 02-05-2023, 02:03 PM

Skilly: how did your experience go with your Carlinkit 4 install/usage?
Old 02-05-2023, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 623 Likes on 369 Posts
2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Skilly: how did your experience go with your Carlinkit 4 install/usage?
could not be a simpler set up! Its an absolute must - once again, solid advice from this forum!
Old 05-29-2023, 11:20 PM

Received 154 Likes on 38 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8, c63 p31
Not much to share. Purchased it via Amazon a few months ago, so I could return if it was problematic. Read the many reviews and saw that, for some, getting the initial connection required some unplugging and retrying ... but, for me, it pretty much just worked. I also downloaded their app for iPhone. For reference, my car's build sheet lists COMAND APS NTG5/NTG5.5.

In spite of their warnings to the contrary, I did update it to the latest firmware (no noticeable change). I will, however, leave it alone unless some car update causes an issue (Definition: Software Update -- changing known problems for unknown problems!)

I also ping'd the seller (QuTu Official Store) to ask about some of the app settings/options and received an overnight reply. FYI, here's the info:

- Sync mode in advanced settings is a way to switch to sync mode when your media information is not displayed properly when your car is using the box

- Background mode is when the screen shows a black screen after some cars are connected to the phone, you can turn on the background mode

- The difference between ''CD'' and ''DVD'' depends on your car, if the media such as music will become jerky and noisy after connecting to the box, you can switch the media sound quality, after switching, you need to unplug the box and reconnect it to take effect

- Turn off ''GPS'' will use your original car GPS by default, if you have a problem of drifting navigation after connecting the phone, you can turn on this option

FWIW, I turned off GPS because the car's antenna-based reception will normally be better than the pocketed iPhone, but I've not noticed any difference with the short tests I did.

As I mentioned, I was primarily interested in using non-MBZ nav. I almost never listen to music in the car (well, except for the exhaust music!). I'd say the unit adds a slight delay, maybe a second or so, which I'd expected. For me, I didn't find it annoying or problematic (perhaps partly because it seems consistent).

If you (or other people) use more of the CarPlay features and find different results, it'd be good to add some details.
#user33: Could you share which one you bought from Amazon? I did a quick search on Amazon and saw several dozens ones on sales, ranging in prices from the $80s to low $100s. Do you know if there are different models, or are they just the same one sold by different vendors? From the images, they all show "CPS200-CP2A" as the model serial.
Old 05-30-2023, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Lizard
#user33: Could you share which one you bought from Amazon? ...
Sure. I'm in Canada, so it's the Canadian store:
Amazon Amazon