Purchasing GT R. Running into obstacles.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 01:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sls amg 2015
Straw buyer/mule

They could suspect an export situation. When I bought my SLS back in 2014, it was almost like an interrogation. Obviously depends on your buying history with the dealer but coming in cold off the internet without face to face contact won't get them particularly comfortable that you aren't buying for someone on their known exporter black list. They probably do still get in serious trouble with MB if one of their cars ends up in a different market. It isn't a matter of being tech savvy. Worth considering at least.
The following users liked this post:
California John (09-28-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 11:56 PM

Received 76 Likes on 47 Posts
Fast and Really Fast Sports Cars
A belated update.

Finally a proud owner of a slightly used ’19 AMG GT R. Delivered from FL to CA. First MB but certainly not my first sports/exotic car. Transport provided by PlyCar. Coast to coast 5 days. Driver was superb and meticulous. Dispatcher communication could be a tad better. But still, overall a very positive experience.

The last few weeks, though, have been quite the nightmare.

MB West Palm Beach (MB WPB) sold me a CPO-ed car that had a custom tune. Found out when it had issues passing SMOG in CA. Went to a few dealers and none of them wanted to diagnose. With the help of a very patient executive customer referral at MBUSA, I left the car with a very empathetic service department at MB Los Angeles (MB LA). It was MB WPB’s misstep during the certification process. The tune corrupted the ECU as confirmed by the AMG tech and field engineers. Things got even more complicated when MB WPB gave MB LA the run arounds to avoid financial responsibilities. MB WPB eventually ghosted my calls and emails as well.

As a last resort, I wrote to MBUSA CEO and VP of Customer Service. Once they are involved, all processes started to move lightning fast.

Happy to say the car is now 100% sorted out like it's out of the factory with the CPO warranty still intact. MB LA has been very professional during this process. Happy to provide referral if needed.

MB WPB on the other hand has yet to apologize for the inconveniences. Not a peep. How disappointing.

Pictures to follow.
The following 3 users liked this post by LAsunset:
Orcbolg (12-05-2019), thebishman (12-05-2019), vpr071 (02-17-2020)
Old 12-05-2019, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 695 Likes on 438 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by LAsunset
A belated update.

Finally a proud owner of a slightly used ’19 AMG GT R. Delivered from FL to CA. First MB but certainly not my first sports/exotic car. Transport provided by PlyCar. Coast to coast 5 days. Driver was superb and meticulous. Dispatcher communication could be a tad better. But still, overall a very positive experience.

The last few weeks, though, have been quite the nightmare.

MB West Palm Beach (MB WPB) sold me a CPO-ed car that had a custom tune. Found out when it had issues passing SMOG in CA. Went to a few dealers and none of them wanted to diagnose. With the help of a very patient executive customer referral at MBUSA, I left the car with a very empathetic service department at MB Los Angeles (MB LA). It was MB WPB’s misstep during the certification process. The tune corrupted the ECU as confirmed by the AMG tech and field engineers. Things got even more complicated when MB WPB gave MB LA the run arounds to avoid financial responsibilities. MB WPB eventually ghosted my calls and emails as well.

As a last resort, I wrote to MBUSA CEO and VP of Customer Service. Once they are involved, all processes started to move lightning fast.

Happy to say the car is now 100% sorted out like it's out of the factory with the CPO warranty still intact. MB LA has been very professional during this process. Happy to provide referral if needed.

MB WPB on the other hand has yet to apologize for the inconveniences. Not a peep. How disappointing.

Pictures to follow.
Awesome that you got it sorted, and looking forward to juicy pics!
Old 12-05-2019, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
Congrats!