Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many GTR Pro will be made? Will they be limited?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 03:01 AM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
Originally Posted by ZephyrAMG
The nerve on these pro owners. Think just because they have a GTR with some wings and stickers now they can take up two spots......pppppshhhhhhh
🤣🤣🤣🤣

Those canards make it a wide load!
Old 12-03-2022, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 623 Likes on 369 Posts
2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Zombie thread with a lot of unanswered questions; thought I would dig it up.

So far, the Pro seems to be bucking the predictions for price and availability in this thread. Saw one go through the auction for $220K (<1,000 miles)....So even in this tough market, still above MSRP wholesale for the right car.

Sounds like of the 750, just 35 went to Canada, 50 to the UK (and very locked in build options) and 150 to the US. Unclear about where the rest went. If one pops up for sale in the US there's about a 90% chance its going to be Magno Grey. In that, is there any more details on the dispurments of colors etc? I dont see a lot of Magnatite Black like mine and I was curious. I've seen this for the SLS BS but havent seen it for any of the limited Pros of even the BS.
Old 12-03-2022, 06:02 PM

Received 381 Likes on 244 Posts
I've read 15 went to the Ausies, same to US and Canada but read 80 to UK. I just logged these in a "misc info" doc when I saw them so don't know exactly where those numbers came from (though a high likelihood is this forum).

In terms of colors, my understanding is that the majority are matte colors (a no-go for me, personally). Mine is irridium silver and my dealer had another used one that was the matte silver. Forget which color Canucklehead's is, but there are pics in the forum so that'd be 3 of the Canadian ones. With only 35, that's approaching 10% right there! #;-)

Last edited by user33; 12-03-2022 at 06:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:59 PM

Received 208 Likes on 121 Posts
Winnebago, Yugo
Originally Posted by user33
I've read 15 went to the Ausies, same to US and Canada but read 80 to UK. I just logged these in a "misc info" doc when I saw them so don't know exactly where those numbers came from (though a high likelihood is this forum).

In terms of colors, my understanding is that the majority are matte colors (a no-go for me, personally). Mine is irridium silver and my dealer had another used one that was the matte silver. Forget which color Canucklehead's is, but there are pics in the forum so that'd be 3 of the Canadian ones. With only 35, that's approaching 10% right there! #;-)
Mine is Magno Brilliant Blue.
I would guess that the majority of the PROs are the launch Grey/Green.

Since the BS arrived, it appears that the asking price for the few PROs that have appeared on Autotrader.ca have shot up close to $300K.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by canucklehead
Mine is Magno Brilliant Blue.
I would guess that the majority of the PROs are the launch Grey/Green.

Since the BS arrived, it appears that the asking price for the few PROs that have appeared on Autotrader.ca have shot up close to $300K.
Agree - Blue is another one that is just not out there.

Visiting Vancouver this weekend and saw there was a white one there (gone now). The pricing here isn't fun - $300K and after taxes and the cost of money the better part of $400K CAD.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Skilly
... Visiting Vancouver this weekend and saw there was a white one there (gone now). The pricing here isn't fun - $300K and after taxes and the cost of money the better part of $400K CAD.
So we've now accounted for >10% of the Canadian-delivered Pros.

Yeah, when I got the used Pro, in BC taxes on cars over $150K CAD were a total of 25% (5% federal + 20% provincial) and then the Pro is listed on the provincial gov't insurance's "high value" list so you get to fill in a form about where (parking, driving, alarm), how much driving, which drivers (not on list, not insured!) and total after-tax value. Then, after being reviewed, they tell you what the insurance will be for the "own damage"/collision portion for that year (the other stuff for liability, etc. is the normal price). As a pair of ol' farts with a >25 year clean license/record, it's over $300/month now that the value of the Pro has escalated. The federal gov't was talking about a luxury tax on cars, also, but I've not tracked what happened with that (the "head in sand" approach). OTOH, first-world problem -- "boo-hoo, my track toy costs too much, boo-hoo" ... I don't expect anyone will feel sorry for us. $;-))

On the plus side, for Americans, $400K CAD at the current exchange rates is a smidge under $300K USD and, since you wouldn't be paying the Canadian taxes, maybe $280K-$300K CAD ($208K-$222K USD) for a used Pro would not be a bad buy.

Last edited by user33; 12-04-2022 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2022, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by user33
So we've now accounted for >10% of the Canadian-delivered Pros.

Yeah, when I got the used Pro, in BC taxes on cars over $150K CAD were a total of 25% (5% federal + 20% provincial) and then the Pro is listed on the provincial gov't insurance's "high value" list so you get to fill in a form about where (parking, driving, alarm), how much driving, which drivers (not on list, not insured!) and total after-tax value. Then, after being reviewed, they tell you what the insurance will be for the "own damage"/collision portion for that year (the other stuff for liability, etc. is the normal price). As a pair of ol' farts with a >25 year clean license/record, it's over $300/month now that the value of the Pro has escalated. The federal gov't was talking about a luxury tax on cars, also, but I've not tracked what happened with that (the "head in sand" approach). OTOH, first-world problem -- "boo-hoo, my track toy costs too much, boo-hoo" ... I don't expect anyone will feel sorry for us. $;-))

On the plus side, for Americans, $400K CAD at the current exchange rates is a smidge under $300K USD and, since you wouldn't be paying the Canadian taxes, maybe $280K-$300K CAD ($208K-$222K USD) for a used Pro would not be a bad buy.
I suppose it might be bad form to mention that as a second car, I pay $500/year for full coverage here?
Old 12-05-2022, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Skilly
I suppose it might be bad form to mention that as a second car, I pay $500/year for full coverage here?
I guess "rubbing it in" is fair play. $;-))

So the Canadian federal luxury tax _is_ now in effect. Assuming I did the math correctly, it turns out to be 5% up to $100K, 10% from $100K-$200K then (if over $200K) 20% of the amount over $100K ... so, for example, that $300K CAD Pro would now cost another $25K in federal sales/luxury tax. $:-(