Sponsored by:

GTS, GTC, GTR seat limit switch

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
GTS, GTC, GTR seat limit switch

One of my biggest complaints about the GT is the stupid seat limit switch that automatically adjusts the seat back as the seat moves rearward. I have never seen anything like this in a sports car before. Does anyone know if or how to disable/override this feature. I am MORE than capable of not driving my seatback into the rear firewall without M-B’s attempt to save me from myself.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 701 Likes on 534 Posts
R Nine T
More importantly, Let’s talk about Atlantis, and how your 13 feet above sea level....
Old 01-06-2020, 12:26 AM

AMG GTS
LOL, Strange name for a city that istn’t actually lost. Nonetheless, I still would like to know about the seat back limiter.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 542 Likes on 298 Posts
18 AMG GTC and 22 F150 Limited. Past owner 16 Maybach, 17 Brabus Smartcar, 06 Ford E150, and 22 G70
The alternative to this would be one of the cars I HAD on my short list of possible cars to buy when I got the GTC. So if you go sit in a Jaguar F TYPE convertible you can adjust the seat back so it literally jams up to the rollover hoops behind the seat. So if you let the seat stay that way you can rest assured those parts will wear prematurely, with the GT this wont happen because of the limit settings you talk about.

The fact that the seats in that car do this was one of the BIG reasons I checked the NO box for the F Type. To me that was NOT an acceptable trait in a $150,000+ car (SVR). Perhaps the 2020 does not do this anymore, at least I would hope.

Last edited by Katie22; 01-06-2020 at 06:08 AM.
Old 01-06-2020, 07:42 PM

AMG GTS
Originally Posted by Katie22
The alternative to this would be one of the cars I HAD on my short list of possible cars to buy when I got the GTC. So if you go sit in a Jaguar F TYPE convertible you can adjust the seat back so it literally jams up to the rollover hoops behind the seat. So if you let the seat stay that way you can rest assured those parts will wear prematurely, with the GT this wont happen because of the limit settings you talk about.

The fact that the seats in that car do this was one of the BIG reasons I checked the NO box for the F Type. To me that was NOT an acceptable trait in a $150,000+ car (SVR). Perhaps the 2020 does not do this anymore, at least I would hope.
I must respectfully disagree. Anyone who drives their seat back into the rollover hoops or the rear firewall on the GT or a Porsche Boxster (no limit switch for the seat back) simply isn’t paying attention. BTW, if I remember correctly, Ferrari, Lambo, and McClaren do not have a synchronized limit switch on the seat back either. Anyone on the Board with one of those brands please correct me if I’m wrong.

The thing that is most irritating about it is that there is a good 3-4 inches of travel remaining when the limit switch activates and automatically slides the seat forward. I’m hoping someone on the board will know how to defeat this switch.