Introduction and my new AMG GTS late 2016

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AMG GTS
Cool Introduction and my new AMG GTS late 2016

Hi all,
I'm new to these forums and also to Mercedes but picked my new (to me) 66 plate AMG GTS with premium pack yesterday and still haven’t wiped the grin off my face despite only a sedate 130 mile journey home. I'm in the UK but having a quick nose round the forums there seems to be a wealth of knowledge across the globe around here
It's a late model 2016 in Selenite grey with red/black premium leather and Premium Pack (Burmester, rear camera, pan roof etc)

It’s very comfortable, not as crashy as I thought it would be (though now as smooth as the C7 Audi RS6 I p/ex’d) and incredibly easy to drive.
I’m still learning my way around the car in terms of what buttons/settings do etc but have a couple of initial thoughts and questions.
I’m 5’10 and so sit a comfortable way back but the passenger side mirror glass I can only just see properly with it at maximum angle in. My wife, who is 5’3, I think may struggle with that as she just won’t be able to see down the side of the car – anyone else have a similar issue? Presumably nothing can be done here?
Width wise, I find the car shrinks around you and it’s no wider than my old RS6 so no problems there. Getting used to the oil tanker bonnet takes time but it’s a great view driving along.
Steering does feel light at speed and some have commented this gives a lack of feel, I found otherwise and quite like it.
The small kmh speed shown in the top left of the dash display – can this be changed to MPH?
The maps installed are 2016 – is there a good source for updated maps without paying the ridiculous amount Mercedes will likely want?
Can Android auto be retrofitted?
How essential is the OEM warranty? At just shy of 3k GBP per annum am I better off putting the money aside instead? From what I can tell they are pretty reliable cars.
Any other hints/tips I should know?
Any common problems I should look out for?

Thanks in advance
Tony