Sponsored by:

Blow off Valves

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2020, 02:56 PM

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
2017 AMG GT
Blow off Valves

Do we have blow off valves or bypass valves I assume since it’s not very loud. What’s available to get that loud turbo blow off valve sound? Retune ?
Old 04-20-2020, 03:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by Gp17gt
Do we have blow off valves or bypass valves I assume since it’s not very loud. What’s available to get that loud turbo blow off valve sound? Retune ?
Renntech blow off valves, but I personally think they sounds very silly and tuner on our cars. You can see videos of them in action on youtube.
Old 04-21-2020, 07:43 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Lifted G500, GT-S, track Cooper S
all of our cars have them but they vent back into the intake; they are the modules right in front of the air filter chambers. You can hear them squelch a bit when you come off heavy throttle application quickly and the revs drop. If you want them noticeably louder, both renntech and weistec make vent to atmosphere adapters.
Old 04-22-2020, 03:30 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Ferrari 812 Superfast; Ferrari 458 Spider; AMG C63s Cabriolet; plus others
I have a C63s and I installed the blow off valves. The stock valves dump the pressurized air back into the intake so you can't hear it. The Renntech valves vent the air to the atmosphere so you can hear the PHSSSSSS (hopefully I spelled that right ) sound when you let off the throttle. It's a novelty and does sound a little childish. Also I was surprised at how often they dump air. Basically everytime you lift off the throttle.