Sponsored by:

Exhaust valve fully open

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2020, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 437 Posts
AMG
That doesn't make sense though, as every one of us has Dynamic Select.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:00 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 S63 cabriolet / 1968 280se cabriolet / 190e 2.5 cosworth / AMG GTC Roadster
Seems the USA dont get this feature then
The following users liked this post:
Orcbolg (11-09-2020)
Old 11-09-2020, 01:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Can any other EU folks confirm? We also don't get the sequential signals, or track goodies.
Old 11-09-2020, 01:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 623 Likes on 369 Posts
2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by Orcbolg
That doesn't make sense though, as every one of us has Dynamic Select.
Can you forward the link to the electronic manual download for the EU.

The US version is here: https://www.mbusa.com/en/owners/manuals
Im referring to the 2018 GT Roadster Owners Manual: file:///Users/mskilton/Downloads/MY18_GT_Roadster_Operator.pdf

In terms of how it operates in the US: (page 116) "Each time you start the engine with the SmartKey or the Start/Stop button, drive program C is activated. Further information about starting the engine (Y page 111)."
Old 11-09-2020, 01:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
something isnt right....I just gained access to the European manual here: https://moba.i.daimler.com/baix/cars...er_09_43.shtml

This is what they say about Dynamic Driving Operations: "Each time you restart the engine with the key or the Start/Stop button, drive program C is activated. Further information on starting the engine more."

Old 11-09-2020, 02:45 PM

2019 S63 cabriolet / 1968 280se cabriolet / 190e 2.5 cosworth / AMG GTC Roadster
there isnt a link as its via the mercedes app on apple, here https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/merced...es/id493497188
which then took me to the selection page for models and its the GT roadster 2018 >, i then entered ‘dynamic’ in the search engine that got me to the page, ive screenshot the page but a PNG wont load on here, i’ll host it on my flickr account, hang on..
Old 11-09-2020, 03:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by Nik Fisher
there isnt a link as its via the mercedes app on apple, here https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/merced...es/id493497188
which then took me to the selection page for models and its the GT roadster 2018 >, i then entered ‘dynamic’ in the search engine that got me to the page, ive screenshot the page but a PNG wont load on here, i’ll host it on my flickr account, hang on..
here is the UK owners manual link (where I took the screenshot above): https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pass...ls.module.html
Old 11-09-2020, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Skilly
here is the UK owners manual link (where I took the screenshot above): https://www.mercedes-benz.co.uk/pass...ls.module.html
Weird!

ok, same manual but go:

driving & parking > DYNAMIC SELECT controller > general information.

and then read what it says right at bottom of page, completely conflicts with what it says on the page youve highlighted but completely corresponds with what i’m getting on my car.

Ive recorded the action i went through and uploaded to youtube, pause on last page.

Last edited by Nik Fisher; 11-09-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 01:49 AM

Right at bottom of this screenshot.
Skilly (11-11-2020)
Old 11-14-2020, 02:33 AM

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
c63s coupe
I'm in the UK and have an early 2018 spec GTR and can confirm the car remembers the last dynamic mode setting when I restart for the car for a period up to 4 hours as per the screenshot posted earlier so if I switch it off in sport + it will automatically start in that if I start the car again within 4 hours and after this it defaults back to C.
Nik Fisher (11-14-2020)
Old 11-14-2020, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Originally Posted by rianos
I'm in the UK and have an early 2018 spec GTR and can confirm the car remembers the last dynamic mode setting when I restart for the car for a period up to 4 hours as per the screenshot posted earlier so if I switch it off in sport + it will automatically start in that if I start the car again within 4 hours and after this it defaults back to C.
That's exactly how it should be! There must be some regulatory restriction preventing it from being a global feature. Now I have to wonder if it's a feature that can be coded into the cars that don't save the setting.
x96535 (11-14-2020)
Old 11-16-2020, 10:02 AM

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
AMG GT R and GLS 450
Originally Posted by rianos
My 2018 GT R (USA) reverts back to comfort each time that I restart the car even if it has been less than 4 hours
Old 11-16-2020, 02:24 PM

Received 208 Likes on 121 Posts
Winnebago, Yugo
That's exactly how it should be! There must be some regulatory restriction preventing it from being a global feature. Now I have to wonder if it's a feature that can be coded into the cars that don't save the setting.
Probably doable. I was able to code my M5 to remember its settings.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:12 AM

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts
2020 GT R PRO
Thanks for all the replies gents, ive just ordered this though as i want control over it, better than the renntech one imo because its linked to the exhaust button for control rather than a separate fob, nearly half the price to, i’ll report back

https://www.active-sound.eu/en/merce...-valve-control
one of the advantages of the Renntech system is it allows you to turn off it off via the key fob. Which then still allows the factory exhaust settings to be used via the console button. Nice feature.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:27 AM

That sounds like a pain to me, certainly wouldnt want an additional fob (if thats what you mean)

mine (cete) fits in with the way i use the car perfectly, all operations are via the oem button, just what i wanted.
Skilly (11-17-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
That sounds like a pain to me, certainly wouldnt want an additional fob (if thats what you mean)

mine (cete) fits in with the way i use the car perfectly, all operations are via the oem button, just what i wanted.
Why would you think it's any hassle whatsoever? It's a set and forget thing for most of us. I've had it for over 6 months and have touched the fob 2 or 3 times at most. As another forum member discovered for us, you can even program the garage door buttons to work as the key fob instead.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:05 PM

Why would you think it's any hassle whatsoever? It's a set and forget thing for most of us. I've had it for over 6 months and have touched the fob 2 or 3 times at most. As another forum member discovered for us, you can even program the garage door buttons to work as the key fob instead.
each to their own but i havent had to touch a fob once, and a fob is yet another something for batteries to go flat in, I prefer the simplicity of mine, not that the renntech is complicated, just ‘more’ complicated, its fine if it suits you and youre not bothered by fobs hanging around going flat, i am, its that simple
Old 11-17-2020, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
I think that this is just a different perspective. I agree with Nik - for me, I see the RENNtech as more of a hack into the MB system and cringe at the idea of a fob that I can lose and factory buttons being overwritten to get me to that sounds I want. Others, like you see it as the perfect option that does exactly what you want! I think thats why both exist and seem to be equally popular.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
I think that this is just a different perspective. I agree with Nik - for me, I see the RENNtech as more of a hack into the MB system and cringe at the idea of a fob that I can lose and factory buttons being overwritten to get me to that sounds I want. Others, like you see it as the perfect option that does exactly what you want! I think thats why both exist and seem to be equally popular.
But it's not hacking anything, nor is it changing anything within the system itself. The module merely plugs in between the ECU and the valves, and instead of allowing the ECUs signal to get to the valves, it capture it beforehand, exactly like the cete module. You simply unplug the module, and plug the factory wire back into the harness and it's off. Again, you can just program your garage door button to do the same thing, and then you can lose your fob without cringing all day every day.

each to their own but i havent had to touch a fob once, and a fob is yet another something for batteries to go flat in, I prefer the simplicity of mine, not that the renntech is complicated, just ‘more’ complicated, its fine if it suits you and youre not bothered by fobs hanging around going flat, i am, its that simple
I'm glad you're happy with your purchase, but you're exaggerating a non-issue

Last edited by Orcbolg; 11-17-2020 at 12:24 PM.
x96535 (11-17-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
But it's not hacking anything, nor is it changing anything within the system itself. The module merely plugs in between the ECU and the valves, and instead of allowing the ECUs signal to get to the valves, it capture it beforehand, exactly like the cete module. You simply unplug the module, and plug the factory wire back into the harness and it's off. Again, you can just program your garage door button to do the same thing, and then you can lose your fob without cringing all day every day.
You're presenting case about how it gets to the end result that you (and some others are OK with). Really, the case you are sharing is actually the reasons why I would choose the CETE over the RENNtech (I have a few other RT items that I love too so it's not the brand). I have a factory button for an exhaust, and one for homelink that work exactly as intended even after I install the CETE module.

Technically they are both hacks that go about their workarounds differently.

Last edited by Skilly; 11-17-2020 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-17-2020, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
You're presenting case about how it gets to the end result that you (and some others are OK with). Really, the case you are sharing are actually the reasons why I would choose the CETE over the RENNtech (I have a few other RT items that I love too so it's not the brand). I have a factory button for an exhaust, and one for homelink that work exactly as intended even after I install the CETE module. Technically they are both hacks that go about their workarounds differently.
I'm glad there are options, I was merely pointing out to you that it's no more a hack of the system than the product you're already using, as I've seen you make that statement a few times.

​​​​​​​
Old 11-17-2020, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
"I'm glad there are options..."
Let's finish it right here - where we both agree!
Old 11-17-2020, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Let's finish it right here - where we both agree!
Works for me, but I won't hesitate to correct misinformation in the future either. 😁
x96535 (11-17-2020)
Old 11-17-2020, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2020 McLaren 720s Spider
Works for me, but I won't hesitate to correct the misinformation in the future either. 😁
seriously? I found a great place to let it rest but I suppose It takes all types...Ill bite though, what has been misinformation in your mind again? The fact that you like the RENNtech better? Or you feel that your perspective should be THE perspective?

If you are going to revert to the term hack as your fall back that compelled you to "correct the misinformation" , let's put two cars side by side with the EVM activated. Aside from sound (which will be constant for both), tell me which car will it be obvious to determine has been 'hacked'? Regardless of whether you care or not, one acts like a hack that is detectable and one doesn't. Separate your own personal choice from the options so correct information can be obtained for others to make their own choice. That is what avoids misinformation.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
seriously? I found a great place to let it rest but I suppose It takes all types...Ill bite though, what has been misinformation in your mind again? The fact that you like the RENNtech better? Or you feel that your perspective should be THE perspective?

If you are going to revert to the term hack as your fall back that compelled you to "correct the misinformation" , let's put two cars side by side with the EVM activated. Aside from sound (which will be constant for both), tell me which car will it be obvious to determine has been 'hacked'? Regardless of whether you care or not, one acts like a hack that is detectable and one doesn't. Separate your own personal choice from the options so correct information can be obtained for others to make their own choice. That is what avoids misinformation.
Lol, I'm not the one being subjective here. And full transparency, I'd rather no one bought the module from Renntech, as they are ripping people off.

To answer your question, it's simple, niether of them hack the MB computer system, which is what your previous statements have implied. Calling one vs the other a hack is coloring the perception of the product to fit your bias.

Last edited by Orcbolg; 11-17-2020 at 01:33 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Exhaust valve fully open