Surround Sound speaker not working?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2021 | 02:46 PM

amg gt s
Surround Sound speaker not working?

Hi all newbie question so apologies up front... i have a 2016 AMG GT S - i didn't buy it from a Mercedes OPC so i got no hand over - i've noticed the music/radio seems to come from the front of the car, I have checked the sub and it is woking (bass noises coming from it :-)

To be honest i am not sure if it is the 'normal' Burmester surround sound system rather than the hi end. I presume it isn't hi end as there is only an ON and OFF option in the radio/sound settings.

Ive noticed there doesn't seem to be any sound/noise coming from the small speakers over your right shoulder (driver) or left (passenger)?

Is there a way to check this? Again sorry for the stupid questions... i've driven Porsche 911's for 15 years so completely new to this AMG lark! Don't get me wrong it all sounds great just not what i would have imagined a 'surround sound' experience.

Any help would be greatly experienced. Ive read the manual, crawled over the cars settings, searched forums and cannot find anything that might point me in the correct direction other than take it to a dealer ship or independent garage.

Cheers guys, you've converted me from Porsche - happy days!
PS based in the UK.