Alignment Question After Lowering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2021 | 02:54 PM

2017 AMG GTS
Alignment Question After Lowering

Gents, I am having my RennTech coil over sleeves installed on Friday and then an alignment immediately after. If I only drop it down 1-1.25"'s, I should be able to get the car back into negative camber specs similar to factory, correct? I've read yes and no on this subject, with some people saying that shims are needed, but maybe that was for a drop that's 1.5"''s or lower. Anyone here with a 1-1.25" drop who was able to have the car put back into factor alignment spec without the need for shims? Thanks
Old 10-12-2021 | 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R Nine T
Originally Posted by enjracing
Gents, I am having my RennTech coil over sleeves installed on Friday and then an alignment immediately after. If I only drop it down 1-1.25"'s, I should be able to get the car back into negative camber specs similar to factory, correct? I've read yes and no on this subject, with some people saying that shims are needed, but maybe that was for a drop that's 1.5"''s or lower. Anyone here with a 1-1.25" drop who was able to have the car put back into factor alignment spec without the need for shims? Thanks
So I had mine dropped about an inch or so maybe more in the rear. As I believe I’ve stated before, the negative camber especially in the rear was over 2.5 and to get it back in a spec it needed shims. The alignment shop actually squared up the rear further than spec as I will not be tracking the car and it would improve traction.

If you don’t have the shims, just have them square it up as far as possible and see where you’re at. I could tell just by looking that it was out of spec.
Old 10-12-2021 | 06:57 PM

2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by AMG 17GT
So I had mine dropped about an inch or so maybe more in the rear. As I believe I’ve stated before, the negative camber especially in the rear was over 2.5 and to get it back in a spec it needed shims. The alignment shop actually squared up the rear further than spec as I will not be tracking the car and it would improve traction.

If you don’t have the shims, just have them square it up as far as possible and see where you’re at. I could tell just by looking that it was out of spec.
haha, me too! i was a pro race car driver for 15 years and i can literally look at a car and tell you the camber degree

thanks dude, i appreciate it.