Frustrated with Water Leaks / Driver side footwell

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2022 | 06:12 AM

2018 AMG GT-C Roadster; 2018 Range Rover Velar;
Frustrated with Water Leaks / Driver side footwell

I have had warranty repairs on my GTC roadster (UK) to address water ingress - first the seals around the A-pillar that was causing water to collect in the passenger footwell; then seals on the rear bulkhead causing water to leak into the boot.
This past week I am seeing water collect behind the driver side seat and in the footwell! The boot is dry.
The drains have been kept clear and cleaned periodically ( I learn that lesson sharpish!) so really frustrating
I am within a year of the previous warranty repairs so have a good idea to give the dealer a ring before the ECU modules go on the fritz again.

Anything I can do?
Old 01-03-2022 | 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2024 AMG G63
Originally Posted by SpokenHands
I have had warranty repairs on my GTC roadster (UK) to address water ingress - first the seals around the A-pillar that was causing water to collect in the passenger footwell; then seals on the rear bulkhead causing water to leak into the boot.
This past week I am seeing water collect behind the driver side seat and in the footwell! The boot is dry.
The drains have been kept clear and cleaned periodically ( I learn that lesson sharpish!) so really frustrating
I am within a year of the previous warranty repairs so have a good idea to give the dealer a ring before the ECU modules go on the fritz again.

Anything I can do?
I’m very sorry for your leak problems.

I would take the car back to the dealer wirh the leaks/water in place. That way they will have a chance to locate the source(s).

Also and hopefully other owners may have registered similiar leaks issues to aid in identifying a solution.

Good Luck.

Jerry
Old 02-04-2022 | 12:26 PM

2017 G550, 2018 AMG GT Roadster
Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I see you have a Velar. My neighbor had a similar problem where the RR had 6" of water in the back seat when the car was barely a month old.