GTR Pro Harness

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2022 | 06:25 PM

Mercedes-AMG GTR PRO
GTR Pro Harness

Can some GTR Pro owners with bucket seats help
me with the mounting point for 4 point harness. I am thinking especially at the lap belt on outer side.

Thx.
Old 04-22-2022 | 09:22 PM

I am just now installing mine and have the same question. For the outside (nearest the door) lap belt on both sides, do you use the stock mounting location for the seat belt? Do you use another bolt on the AMG/Recaro seat frame or do you need to drill a new hole to install? Appreciate your advice in advance.
Old 04-23-2022 | 09:47 AM

Winnebago, Yugo
If you have the factory buckets or installing aftermarket buckets, a mounting point is pretty simple.
Now building a bracket to mount aftermarket buckets is a bit more involved.

Attempting to install a harness on factory non-bucket seats would be a challenge as I don't see any place to attach to.
For those that have done it I would be interested in seeing what they did.
Options would be making a modified bolt at the same location as the factory lap belt or making a plate that sandwiches between the seat rail and floor which would have a lug for mounting the harness.
Lots of options out there for Porsche that from the pictures I have seen could maybe work with a few mods.
I have had my seats in and out several thousand times now so I have given this some though on my road to installing my buckets and 6-point harness.
Old 04-23-2022 | 02:35 PM

Thanks for the details. While I can’t speak for the person who started the thread, my situation is not as complex. I have the AMG/Recaro seats which are a direct bolt in along with the ‘factory’ supplied harnesses. It’s a 4 point harness setup. And the lap belt on the outside needs to connect to the seat. I was able to figure out that I can use the same bolt for the factory seat belt so now both are attached to this bolt and I can easily swap between standard belt and 4 point harness.
Old 04-24-2022 | 03:28 PM

Mercedes-AMG GTR PRO
Sorry for late update here. I as I have experienced there are two versions of the harness. One each you attach on same point as 3 point harness. That means that you remove the existing harness and attach the lap belt for the 4 point harness.

The version one I have got is different. It has a 90 degree bracket attached to end. See attached picture. I have attached this to the rear bolt on guiding rail. The pro for this solution is that you don’t need to remove the 3. point harness as us for DD. See picture.

Old 04-24-2022 | 08:23 PM

Mine came with the same Schroth harness as yours and the outside lap belt has the 90 degree bracket. When I read the instructions, it indicated you may need to bend the 90 degree bracket. I made it flat to use the same bolt as the stock seatbelt. Originally, like you, I was looking at the main seat bolt on the rail. However, if you need to put the seat back it created issues which led me to believe this may not be the intended mounting location. once bent, it works great and you can easily use either the harness or the stock seat belt.
If you keep your bracket in the location you showed in the picture you may want to bend the bracket still as the belt and bracket should be ‘in line’ with the direction of force.

Last edited by LTHL VPR; 04-24-2022 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2022 | 09:53 PM

Mercedes-AMG GTR PRO
Originally Posted by LTHL VPR
Mine came with the same Schroth harness as yours and the outside lap belt has the 90 degree bracket. When I read the instructions, it indicated you may need to bend the 90 degree bracket. I made it flat to use the same bolt as the stock seatbelt. Originally, like you, I was looking at the main seat bolt on the rail. However, if you need to put the seat back it created issues which led me to believe this may not be the intended mounting location. once bent, it works great and you can easily use either the harness or the stock seat belt.
If you keep your bracket in the location you showed in the picture you may want to bend the bracket still as the belt and bracket should be ‘in line’ with the direction of force.
Thanks for info. Do you have a picture which shows your setup?
Old 05-13-2022 | 09:17 AM

Here are a couple of pics where you can see the stock belt and the lap belt for the 4 point harness are attached to the same bolt. In the instructions for the harness from the factory, in indicates you may need to bend the bracket in order to mount and create the proper angle for safety.