Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Wheel temps? At track now. Photo inside.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 11:22 AM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
Originally Posted by supertanch
I usually start around 26psi as well, but usually it would end up with 35-36 (depends on the track). I do find that lower psi has more grip but sometimes could have a bit of rollover on the tire, felt like there weren't enough sidewall support.

Regarding cup2 vs cup2 zp vs cup2 R, I've done all three on 3 different tracks (Sonoma raceway, Laguna Seca, Thunderhill Raceway), the data I had in comparison is:

1. Cup2 R is the absolute king for the first 3 HC, but then it has a much faster drop off vs ZP and regular Cup2. They pretty much have nothing left after 8-10 HC if pushed hard. They are also the least heat resistant.
2. ZP is the most consistent, about 90% of peak grip compared to cup2 R, but the drop off is much gradual and it does stay in a relative ok range for me even after 10 HCs.
3. Regular Cup2 (MO) has the least peak grip, the drop off is in between ZP and Cup2 R. I wouldn't recommend them as the selection as it's not balanced for neither performance nor longevity.

I think the front tire sizes for GTR now are much more common, the rears are a struggle to find the right sizes, hope more manufacturers see the growth of GT community and produce the size.
Interesting reading this.

I've never tried the ZP because it's never really been available here.

The BS comes with Cup2R MO1A which i've just destroyed. We did some setup work on car and ran -2 camber on front which seemed to give a nice even temperature spread. Started at 36/36 hot but went down to 32/36 in search of more front end. I found 4/5 hot lats of a 1:50 circuit would see a big drop off in grip, truth be told we often pushed past that as having too much fun in the car.

I can't get hold of any more MOA1 in europe, I'm super keen to try the MO2 Cup2R which is made by the motorsport division so it get the little motorsport logos and although it has the same wear rating is apparently more robust but a harder tyre to get heat into. I cannot get hold of these either sadly.

So car will be getting some regular Cup2s for the next couple of track days.

Old 06-23-2022, 03:53 PM

Received 384 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
Heat Cycle
Of course ... silly me! I assume you're considering that a session counts as a heat cycle (though, on a hot day, it may also depend upon the time between sessions).
The following users liked this post:
supertanch (06-23-2022)