AMG GTS - Minor Cosmetic Styling

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 07:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
AMG GTS - Minor Cosmetic Styling

Hoping to pick my GTS up very soon.

I am planning removing the chrome badges for black badges and was wondering where the best place to source these from?

I see some on ebay but know they are cheap and cheerful. I would like some proper enamel badges if possible that won't fade or flake. Also I don't want to pay an inflated price, for what is essentially cheap ebay badges.

In additional I was thinking to change the front grille to the new slatted grille. I am keen to understand whether any other modifications are necessary. I know there is ducting that needs re-routing if the full bumper is changed, but is this the case with just a grille change?.....

Thanks in advance :-)
Old 07-12-2022, 10:16 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
BMW M4
Originally Posted by Stu79
Hoping to pick my GTS up very soon.

I am planning removing the chrome badges for black badges and was wondering where the best place to source these from?

I see some on ebay but know they are cheap and cheerful. I would like some proper enamel badges if possible that won't fade or flake. Also I don't want to pay an inflated price, for what is essentially cheap ebay badges.

In additional I was thinking to change the front grille to the new slatted grille. I am keen to understand whether any other modifications are necessary. I know there is ducting that needs re-routing if the full bumper is changed, but is this the case with just a grille change?.....

Thanks in advance :-)
Welcome and congrats on the GTS! I highly recommend the search button. You will absolutely get lit up by others as these are the first questions by everyone new owner on repeat x100.

The emblems are pretty decent from eBay considering.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:19 AM

Received 216 Likes on 135 Posts
E55, 380SL, GLA 250 Sport, AMG GTS
The lowest cost for modifications comes from if you source out parts from 2018 GTS. Even that is hardly plug and play.
Old 07-13-2022, 11:06 AM

Received 677 Likes on 359 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
What year is your GTS? And what specifically do you intend to do to the grille?