Sponsored by:

Parking sensors

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 04:06 PM

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts
GLS450
Parking sensors

So I just took delivery of a 2019 AMG GTC roadster CPO. Rear parking sensors only seem to work when in reverse. They don’t work when in drive and the front ones don’t work at all. When I went under vehicle setting there’s no prompt to turn on or off or adjust the sensors at all. Any suggestions??? I’d prefer to trouble shoot it at home if possible.
Old 08-02-2022, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
That sounds normal. The rear sensors only come on in R or N, or if the vehicle is rolling backwards. The front sensors come on in D, R and N, however, they only come on below a certain speed, or after you change from R to D while maneuvering. In my C63 I can disable the front sensors from coming on automatically and then they only come on after first going to R and then D while maneuvering at low speeds. Alternatively the sensors come on when I manually activate the 360 camera. The GT has a more basic system, no front camera in the PFL and no 360 camera.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:11 PM

GLS450
The weird thing is the car DOES come with Parktronic BUT the adjustability on the main display under vehicle settings just isn’t there….
Old 08-02-2022, 05:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,629 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by MikeGLS450
The weird thing is the car DOES come with Parktronic BUT the adjustability on the main display under vehicle settings just isn’t there….
I'm pretty sure there is no adjustability in the PFL GT for Parktronic. I just double-checked the owners manual, and there's nothing there to adjust anything beyond the button in the center console to turn it on/off.

Old 08-02-2022, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 879 Likes on 453 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Hi Mike,

I agree with Superswiss regarding the front/rear sensors with corresponding gear selections.

Every restart automatically turns parktronic back on. If you start the car and this red light is lit (1, indicator lamp), the entire parktronic system is malfunctioning, but I don't expect it BC you said the rears are working.

If you think there is a malfunction, start with the startup diagnostics. see if Parktronic indicates it's functional by passing the startup.

To test it:
use the start/stop button and put the ignition in pos 2. Don't start the car, keep foot off the brake. Hit the start/stop button twice. The dash should light up and you should see the parktronic display light up momentarily then extinguish. If so, it is passing the startup diag. Look for the momentary display here:

To test the rear, same way, put the ignition in pos 2, look in the rear view mirror, for a moment, the rear lights will display. Since you have a roadster, the rears might not look exactly like this.

If both front rear lights display, the system is booting up and passes the startup diagnostics.

Back to the front sensors, if it appears the fronts are not working, then:

1. How are you testing them?
2. Based on 1, some things will interfere with the radar signals
3. Based on 1, if objects are either too high or too low, the sensors might not pick them up.

Hope this gets you started.

Best,

Old 08-02-2022, 07:00 PM

GLS450
Ahhh. Ok. So they do work. Problem was that the exhaust is so loud I couldn’t hear them. Also it doesn’t show up on the nav display and I was so busy looking forward I didn’t notice the lights on the instrument cluster. Whats more like you mentioned the GTC doesn’t have the adjustability found on other models for whatever reason. Thanks all.
Old 08-02-2022, 09:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
GTS
Originally Posted by MikeGLS450
the exhaust is so loud I couldn’t hear them.
haha perfect