Black Series on Track

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 01:01 PM

Received 259 Likes on 141 Posts
AMG GT R Pro
Black Series on Track

Hey Fellas -

Have any of you taken your BS on the track yet? If so, any chances you would recommend? Brake pads, castor/camber? In the GTR Pro we achieved a nice camber with the shims. Is that similar with a BS?

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-15-2022, 10:32 AM

Received 129 Likes on 82 Posts
fun ones.
I have 5 trackdays on mine so far (another one booked this weekend).

I run shim number 4 on the front end, this gives -2.5 camber which is nice for road/track. Adding the shims alters the toe so you'll need to get this straightened back out or you'll munch the insides of your tyres.

The MO1 tyres are fast for 3 laps but otherwise awful. I'm running regular Cup2 now until I can find someone with stock of MO2.

No issues with stock brake setup (so far) however I've been running in the rain or on tracks that are easy on brakes.

The car is extremely stable and composed at high speeds. I'm taking it to goodwood at the weekend, even with my cack-handed driving I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks the lap record for a road car.
The following 5 users liked this post by WhiteBlack:
Acta_Non_Verba (08-15-2022), California John (08-15-2022), daybx (08-18-2022), jn66 (08-15-2022), thebishman (08-16-2022)
Old 08-15-2022, 10:49 AM

Received 259 Likes on 141 Posts
AMG GT R Pro
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack

I run shim number 4 on the front end, this gives -2.5 camber which is nice for road/track. Adding the shims alters the toe so you'll need to get this straightened back out or you'll munch the insides of your tyres.

The MO1 tyres are fast for 3 laps but otherwise awful. I'm running regular Cup2 now until I can find someone with stock of MO2.

No issues with stock brake setup (so far) however I've been running in the rain or on tracks that are easy on brakes.

The car is extremely stable and composed at high speeds. I'm taking it to goodwood at the weekend, even with my cack-handed driving I wouldn't be surprised if it breaks the lap record for a road car.
Awesome man. Glad you are ripping it on the track.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 880 Likes on 453 Posts
Bentley Continental GT; AMG GT
Originally Posted by WhiteBlack

Very nice! Glad to see a "purpose built" car get used for its intended purpose.

Best Success to you
Old 08-16-2022, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
Originally Posted by jn66
Hey Fellas -

Have any of you taken your BS on the track yet? If so, any chances you would recommend? Brake pads, castor/camber? In the GTR Pro we achieved a nice camber with the shims. Is that similar with a BS?

Thanks in advance!
Can you share your setup for the Pro ? Received mine and don't know how to set it up ( don't know if its the stock settings now.... )