Sponsored by:

Solution Finish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 06:10 PM

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1
Solution Finish

After washing the GTS by hand and noticed the front lip looking really faded and a little weathered from the sun. I went ahead and after making sure it was really clean and dry and applied Solution Finish. I made sure to coat evenly and make it all the way to the edge of the paint. If you get it on the paint you can wipe it off with a clean cloth.
I am happy with the end result, just wanted to share in case others need to do this also. I plan to do the side rocker panels next. I used this product before and you don't need to reapply for 2 to 3 years. Cheers!

Here is BEFORE

This is progress

Here it is AFTER
The following 2 users liked this post by lgarcia:
luvair (09-18-2022), Stenzel-Germany (09-21-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 382 Likes on 237 Posts
2010 Irridium Silver MB C63 AMG Sedan
Wow great results! Gotta get me some of that. Most OTC plastic refinshers last like 3 weeks and then back to faded
Old 09-19-2022, 03:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
amg gt
beautiful!

Originally Posted by lgarcia
After washing the GTS by hand and noticed the front lip looking really faded and a little weathered from the sun. I went ahead and after making sure it was really clean and dry and applied Solution Finish. I made sure to coat evenly and make it all the way to the edge of the paint. If you get it on the paint you can wipe it off with a clean cloth.
I am happy with the end result, just wanted to share in case others need to do this also. I plan to do the side rocker panels next. I used this product before and you don't need to reapply for 2 to 3 years. Cheers!

Here is BEFORE

This is progress

Here it is AFTER
looks great! where did you get this product? I'm in FL too and the sun kills the plastic pieces.
Old 09-19-2022, 09:18 PM

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts
2016 AMG GTS Edition 1
I got a kit that brings the cleaner, gloves, applicator sponges and the black solution finish....something like this on the link below. There are other ways to buy it, just the solution finish is small (1OZ) or large bottle (12OZ). Good luck! FL sun will dull and fade plastic fast.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/25571341070...iABEgKyAfD_BwE
Old 09-19-2022, 10:20 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
amg gt
thank you !