Door Handle and Center Console Customization

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2023, 06:29 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Door Handle and Center Console Customization

Looking for some ideas on customizing these two parts. Prefer to have same look at the carbon fiber that is on some parts of the center console (see picture). I thought of calling some vinyl wrap companies in Arizona but not sure they do these smaller projects. With exterior wraps they usually want to pull your whole car apart. Assume that is what they need to do with center console. Anyone know how hard it is to take it off and/or ideas on making this happen? I don't mind the piano black look but do NOT like the fingerprints that happen daily.

Old 05-18-2023, 01:00 AM

Received 240 Likes on 160 Posts
Piano black region of center console is a veritable finger print and scratch magnet! (albeit serves as an attractive/necessary contrast to the matte CF)
i opted to apply Xpel Ultimate gloss PPF over entire piano black region, to prevent both offenses.
Old 05-18-2023, 09:32 AM

2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by MBNRG
Piano black region of center console is a veritable finger print and scratch magnet! (albeit serves as an attractive/necessary contrast to the matte CF)
i opted to apply Xpel Ultimate gloss PPF over entire piano black region, to prevent both offenses.
Agreed, lots of DNA if the cops every need it Where did you buy the Xpel and was it challenge to install it?
Old 05-18-2023, 10:39 PM

Received 240 Likes on 160 Posts
Originally Posted by c400ry
Where did you buy the Xpel and was it challenge to install it?
Xpel sells a pre-cut kit on their website. Depending on level of competence, it def can be done with care.

I went to my PPF installer who did an impeccable job and avoided underlying dust and fibers that quickly stick to the backing, and can be very visible on black surface.
Old 05-19-2023, 07:24 AM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
300sl roadster
Door Handle

Old 05-19-2023, 10:47 AM

2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by MBNRG
Xpel sells a pre-cut kit on their website. Depending on level of competence, it def can be done with care.

I went to my PPF installer who did an impeccable job and avoided underlying dust and fibers that quickly stick to the backing, and can be very visible on black surface.
You have a site or location for Xpel?
Old 05-20-2023, 12:56 AM

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
Originally Posted by c400ry
Looking for some ideas on customizing these two parts. Prefer to have same look at the carbon fiber that is on some parts of the center console (see picture). I thought of calling some vinyl wrap companies in Arizona but not sure they do these smaller projects. With exterior wraps they usually want to pull your whole car apart. Assume that is what they need to do with center console. Anyone know how hard it is to take it off and/or ideas on making this happen? I don't mind the piano black look but do NOT like the fingerprints that happen daily.

I'm in AZ too (Scottsdale) and I'm planning on doing the chrome on the door handles as well in either carbon-wrap or satin black to match my emblems that are painted satin black (exhaust tips are out now for powder coating satin black). Hopefully you can find a place to do it. I'll be checking this thread daily haha.