Sponsored by:

TIKT Splitter & Canards

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 07:01 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG GT-R
TIKT Splitter & Canards

So I just received my order and was wondering if anyone has installation photos.
The canards are pretty straight forward, but the splitter has me confused.
There are no instructions as to how the plates for the support cables mount and don’t want to screw it up.

For those that have done it, any input or photos are appreciated.
Old 05-28-2023, 05:07 PM

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
AMG GTR pro
I installed mine a couple months ago , after seeing the parts on the car and feeling the stiffness of the pieces i elected to not install the additional support. It requires drilling a hole in the bumper ,/creating a new attachment point that doesn't exist etc etc. Ive now tracked the car multiple times hitting 165 plus every lap and can confirm they are solid and effective without the supports. In my opinion it looks cleaner as well. The Tikt rear wing is very nice and functional as well for track use.

Old 05-28-2023, 05:35 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
2018 AMG GT-R
Originally Posted by gmd2003
I installed mine a couple months ago , after seeing the parts on the car and feeling the stiffness of the pieces i elected to not install the additional support. It requires drilling a hole in the bumper ,/creating a new attachment point that doesn't exist etc etc. Ive now tracked the car multiple times hitting 165 plus every lap and can confirm they are solid and effective without the supports. In my opinion it looks cleaner as well. The Tikt rear wing is very nice and functional as well for track use.

Thank you for that info, greatly appreciated.
I noticed that on your GTR Pro the splitter is only at the ends of your original factory splitter at the middle. The one for the regular GTR (mine) wraps around the entire bumper and replaces the small center lip.
Is yours two pieces or single that wraps under the center main splitter?
Wondering if they were accounting for center downforce or just over-engineered for the non-track guy like me.

This is how it looks on the regular GTR
Again, I appreciate your input.

Old 05-28-2023, 05:50 PM

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
AMG GTR pro
Originally Posted by mikhro
Thank you for that info, greatly appreciated.
I noticed that on your GTR Pro the splitter is only at the ends of your original factory splitter at the middle. The one for the regular GTR (mine) wraps around the entire bumper and replaces the small center lip.
Is yours two pieces or single that wraps under the center main splitter?
Wondering if they were accounting for center downforce or just over-engineered for the non-track guy like me.

This is how it looks on the regular GTR
Again, I appreciate your input.

I’m sorry I missed that it was for the GTR . It screws into the main Pro splitter which has its own factory support this making a second support in my opinion not necessary even for the track . In your case I think for street only use you would be ok without as well . Put it on without the supports and push on it to feel it out. You can always drill the hole you can’t take it away !
G