Sponsored by:

Painting the Silver and Chrome 2017 Grill Bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2023, 11:54 PM

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
2017 AMG GTS
Painting the Silver and Chrome 2017 Grill Bar

Has anyone painted this thing? As it's plastic it can't be powder coated, so paint or wrap is the only option. Wrap won't look right though because of the multiple cuts/pieces that will need to be made due to the many curves. Paint doesn't seem like a good option though either, as it doesn't adhere well to chrome, even well-prepped. As it's plastic, the chrome can't be stripped, so what's the solution to making this entire piece satin black, or am I stuck with it as is?
Old 05-27-2023, 09:42 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
amg gt
it's a wrap!

Originally Posted by enjracing
Has anyone painted this thing? As it's plastic it can't be powder coated, so paint or wrap is the only option. Wrap won't look right though because of the multiple cuts/pieces that will need to be made due to the many curves. Paint doesn't seem like a good option though either, as it doesn't adhere well to chrome, even well-prepped. As it's plastic, the chrome can't be stripped, so what's the solution to making this entire piece satin black, or am I stuck with it as is?
i wrapped mine and it looks great. my "wrap guy" is real good so you can't tell unless you get really close. he did everything but the circle and the star.