Sponsored by:

AMG Aerodynamics Package front splitter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2023, 11:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT C coupe
AMG Aerodynamics Package front splitter

Can anyone confirm how deep does the front splitter from AMG Aerodynamics Package goes under the front bumper.
I want to PPF the front and put this splitter on so it can "protect" the lower part of the bumper against scrapes. To my understanding the splitter covers the entire underside front and sides of the bumper underneath.
Another questions is does this splitter go over the existing small front lip in the front or does that lip needs to be removed? And how does this AMG Aerodynamics Package splitter attaches (clips, screws, double sided tape). Also if you have the part number for just the splitter
Any help would be appreciated!

AMG Aerodynamics Package

Without AMG Aerodynamics Package (small front lip)

Last edited by russAMG; 06-15-2023 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2023, 02:47 PM

Received 378 Likes on 243 Posts
I can't answer your specific question, but I can tell you that I put PPF on my GTR PRO's front splitter, etc. and it's been doing its duty against rock chips.

For underside scrape protection, I used a product called SlipLo and it's worked well. I did a careful cleaning/prep when installing and it's all still seriously stuck on after 2 years, including numerous track days. I also put some on the bottom of my TiKT brake cooling ducts, when I added them. I can see some minor scraping on both the bumper/duct-mounted SlipLo pieces so they've been working for me.

Last edited by user33; 06-15-2023 at 02:50 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by user33:
MalibuScott (06-15-2023), russAMG (06-15-2023)
Old 06-15-2023, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT C coupe
Thank you for the info, SLIPLO guards are my second option. Did you put them over PPF film?
Old 06-16-2023, 11:53 AM

Received 236 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by russAMG
Thank you for the info, SLIPLO guards are my second option. Did you put them over PPF film?
To optimize adhesion, not advisable to install SlipLo over PPF film.
The following users liked this post:
russAMG (06-16-2023)
Old 06-16-2023, 01:30 PM

Received 378 Likes on 243 Posts
Originally Posted by russAMG
No, I put them on prior to doing PPF. I'd say MBNRG is correct. If put on over PPF, I'd expect that a significant rub could rip them off at the PPF adhesion layer ... and that's assuming that the SLIPLO 2-way tape would adhere as well to the PPF as it does to the paint surface.
The following users liked this post:
russAMG (06-16-2023)