Recommended wheel replacement

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2024 | 09:05 AM

2016 AMG GTs
Recommended wheel replacement

So my 2016 GTs came with 20/21 Vossen rims and H&R lowering springs. While the car looks great, it rides like my old F-350 work truck. I am looking to go back to stock size rims with more sidewall and install KW HAS kit and keep the lowering to about 1/2”.
I don’t really love the factory rims that I have seen (nor the premium people seem to want for them) Does anyone have recommendations on replacement aftermarket rims (maybe with pictures) they can offer ? I know there are hundreds of sites offering wheels, but either they are $2,000 a piece or when you try to get down to matching the factory size and offset, they don’t offer them (even though they say they will fit).
Old 01-13-2024 | 11:30 AM

2019 AMG GTC Solar Beam Yellow
Originally Posted by Reallyjustbob
So my 2016 GTs came with 20/21 Vossen rims and H&R lowering springs. While the car looks great, it rides like my old F-350 work truck. I am looking to go back to stock size rims with more sidewall and install KW HAS kit and keep the lowering to about 1/2”.
I don’t really love the factory rims that I have seen (nor the premium people seem to want for them) Does anyone have recommendations on replacement aftermarket rims (maybe with pictures) they can offer ? I know there are hundreds of sites offering wheels, but either they are $2,000 a piece or when you try to get down to matching the factory size and offset, they don’t offer them (even though they say they will fit).
I ended up going with BC Forged Monoblock after I was having the same exact issues that you're finding. They were able to custom make me a set with my specified offset. They are able to adjust the concavity to several different depths. Tons of colors/styles to choose from as well as different center caps,etc. Price was very reasonable. Definitely not $2k each. BC Forged has a great reputation as well. Only took about 3 weeks to complete.

I got mine through
Mops @ Nemesis Auto sport
https://www.nemesisautosport.com/

He was amazing to work with and I will definitely be purchasing from him in the future! My sister recommended him after she got a set of Vossens for her RS5 from him. Great guy, super fair prices. I have his number if you want that as well. Just let me know.

Last edited by GTConn; 01-13-2024 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-13-2024 | 12:52 PM

2016 AMG GTs
@GTConn thanks for the response. I can’t find where they are located on their website. Connecticut? By chance do you have a picture of the wheels on the car? I know black would look good against my white GT but I have usually only been a fan of black on black for the “murdered look”. That being said, I have tossed around wrapping the GT in a matte black, but was also tossing around a nice bronze colored rim.
Aside, did you set up the offset to fill the wheel well and get an alignment to match or just go back to factory?
Did it help the ride quality compared to the 20/21’s?
Old 01-13-2024 | 01:09 PM

@GTConn thanks for the response. I can’t find where they are located on their website. Connecticut? By chance do you have a picture of the wheels on the car? I know black would look good against my white GT but I have usually only been a fan of black on black for the “murdered look”. That being said, I have tossed around wrapping the GT in a matte black, but was also tossing around a nice bronze colored rim.
Aside, did you set up the offset to fill the wheel well and get an alignment to match or just go back to factory?
Did it help the ride quality compared to the 20/21’s?
Nemesis is located in Delaware, but any wheel you order would be shipped directly from the manufacturer.

I have not mounted the wheels on my car yet as it's winter. It'll be a few months. Check out BC Forged website. They offer many colors and sheens (matte, gloss, etc) and styles. I just went with gloss black because my car is Solarbeam Yellow so I'm very limited as to color choices that work well.

https://bcforged-na.com/monoblock/

My car is lowered on KW HAS and that helped my ride quality. I stuck with the factory 19/20. And yes, I always get an alignment after I lower vehicles. If you want to save your tire tread, it's a must.

As to the offsets, I was already using spacers with my oem wheels, so I had an idea of what offset I wanted to go with. But BC Forged/Nemesis has been doing this long enough to be able to assist you with getting the offset you're wanting.
They even send a template so you can double check fitment if you want.

I have a GTC, so my offset will be different than yours.

Last edited by GTConn; 01-13-2024 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-13-2024 | 04:28 PM

/////PRO
You are feeling the H&R springs more than the 20/21 wheel/tire combo.
The “feeling” of the KW alone will be a big improvement.

If you are going to indeed go to 19/20 set up, and are going aftermarket, your options a limitless and let your budget and taste in style guide you.
I will say for the price, it is extremely difficult to beat the quality and selection of BC Forged. Signature Wheel is a slight bit more and equally as good.
Old 01-13-2024 | 05:32 PM

I could not find any wheels that worked for my GTC w/carbon ceramic brakes as an "in stock" option that had the offsets I wanted. Honestly, I don't even remember if there were any available even with the oem offsets.

Old 01-13-2024 | 09:16 PM

/////PRO
4-6 week lead time from when manufacturers I mention, not going to find stocked.
Old 01-14-2024 | 05:28 PM

2017 c63s drop top
As mentioned you can't go wrong with BC's. I'm on my second set. The finishes are great and a set should only set you back about $4500. You can go through them directly (they are located in Florida) or most wheel shops will deal with them.

The following users liked this post:
GTConn (01-14-2024)
Old 01-14-2024 | 05:39 PM

/////PRO
Originally Posted by boosted20v

@boosted20v
KL11’s in that pic I believe? Great wheel design. The KL11 has a great combination of weight and stiffness…..aka good for track duty too.
Old 01-14-2024 | 07:35 PM

2017 c63s drop top
Close, KL01's, I was shocked how light they were when I pulled them out of the box.
Old 01-18-2024 | 12:09 AM

slk350
I hate to say it but Vossen wheels “hybrid forged” is not REAL forged. I’ve owned Vossens on my Tesla Model S and they bent LIKE CRAZY. The car has never drive
smooth since then.
Old 01-18-2024 | 12:10 AM

slk350
Originally Posted by GTConn
I ended up going with BC Forged Monoblock after I was having the same exact issues that you're finding. They were able to custom make me a set with my specified offset. They are able to adjust the concavity to several different depths. Tons of colors/styles to choose from as well as different center caps,etc. Price was very reasonable. Definitely not $2k each. BC Forged has a great reputation as well. Only took about 3 weeks to complete.

I got mine through
Mops @ Nemesis Auto sport
https://www.nemesisautosport.com/

He was amazing to work with and I will definitely be purchasing from him in the future! My sister recommended him after she got a set of Vossens for her RS5 from him. Great guy, super fair prices. I have his number if you want that as well. Just let me know.

Nice looking wheels. What did those cost ya?
Old 01-18-2024 | 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by 85percent
Nice looking wheels. What did those cost ya?
PM'd you