Sponsored by:

C190 Reverse camera disappeared no function

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GTS
Arrow C190 Reverse camera disappeared no function

Strange issue here , 2016 GTS , and the rear camera doesnt do anything when reverse is engaged. It doesnt even show a black screen. It used to work and now doesn't . I have had a recent gearbox service but cant quite remember when it stopped working as its not used regulary
I have removed the rear wheel liner to inspect the plugs and all seems untouched.

I got a copy of mercedes Xentry running on laptop and scanned the car. There is no camera module .
I queried the ( i cant remember now .. think the central convenience module or something like that) . No errors but there was an option to test the rear camera which when enabled just showed a black screen ( no apprent noise either just pure black)

I'm new to mercs having come from beemers. Interested in finding out how else i can test the camera and also how the car networks are structured. Some wiring and loom location illustrations would be very handy .

main question being does the architecture run like a bmw where you have a vehicle order code where the options fitted to the car are coded into the vehicle order code so the central module where are all the ECU's are registered knows what to talk to around the car . thus an error in a given ECU module is reported to the central module ready for when you came to scan and it would say hey , camera ecu or module that runs the camera has an error stored.
It is very strange , its as if the camera doesn't exist on the system which it should , as it wasnt an option , it comes as standard.
thanks