Sponsored by:

OEM Center Carbon Splitter Trim Wanted

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2024, 06:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 AMG GT S
OEM Center Carbon Splitter Trim Wanted

Looking to replace my center OEM front splitter carbon trim piece if anyone has a lead on where one might be available. As usual the dealer price for this tiny trim piece is ridiculous. Here is pic of piece I am looking for

Old 06-11-2024, 04:06 PM

Received 676 Likes on 358 Posts
2020 GTA; 2022 Audi e-tron GT, 2022 Ford F-150; 1926 Rolls-Royce Springfield 40/50 Playboy roadster
https://www.ebay.com/itm/12602440853...BoClHsQAvD_BwE
Old 06-11-2024, 04:27 PM

2019 AMG GT S
Wrong Pieces ... I need the center OEM carbon strip from my pic above

Old 06-12-2024, 09:14 AM

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts
2020 AMG GTC
Originally Posted by Bbradyc5
Looking to replace my center OEM front splitter carbon trim piece if anyone has a lead on where one might be available. As usual the dealer price for this tiny trim piece is ridiculous. Here is pic of piece I am looking for
I was looking for one some time ago, and I agree, the price is ridiculous. From what I could gather, the original part is made by www.3c-carbon.com but they only sell to car manufacturers. I couldn't find an aftermarket replacement; I'm not sure if one even exists. The only option I found was a replacement for the entire front face.

You may want to look at a reduced-price distributor for the OEM part here: 2016-2020 Mercedes-Benz Trim 190-885-93-03 | Mercedes-Benz Parts (mercedesbenz.parts)

Old 06-12-2024, 01:36 PM

Received 376 Likes on 242 Posts
Originally Posted by Bbradyc5
Looking to replace my center OEM front splitter carbon trim piece ...
If it's just the chip-damage shown in the photo, you may be able to repair it. I've done this on a couple of spots with AMG carbon fiber, though they didn't look quite as damaged as those in your picture. The key is whether the fiber-glassing/epoxy resin will soak into "all the little crevices" around the damaged areas. If it does (and assuming the underlying fiber mat wasn't deformed), then it'll "go clear" again. Applying multiple coats of resin to fill all the divots will likely be necessary. Careful fine-grit wet-sanding followed by some buffing will get it looking like new.

I've done many fiber-glassing type of projects over the years and, for the past 15 or so years, have used Silvertip resin by System Three. It's specifically designed to be very "wet" so it wells into every little crevice (via capillary pressure). It's pricey, but worth it. I have some items where it's lived in the outdoors for more than a decade and is surviving well. For a buffing compound, I've used Meguiars 105 and 205 compounds.

If you try a repair, it'd be interesting to know the outcome.
The following users liked this post:
G. P (06-12-2024)
Old 06-12-2024, 01:50 PM

2019 AMG GT S
Originally Posted by user33
If it's just the chip-damage shown in the photo, you may be able to repair it. I've done this on a couple of spots with AMG carbon fiber, though they didn't look quite as damaged as those in your picture. The key is whether the fiber-glassing/epoxy resin will soak into "all the little crevices" around the damaged areas. If it does (and assuming the underlying fiber mat wasn't deformed), then it'll "go clear" again. Applying multiple coats of resin to fill all the divots will likely be necessary. Careful fine-grit wet-sanding followed by some buffing will get it looking like new.

I've done many fiber-glassing type of projects over the years and, for the past 15 or so years, have used Silvertip resin by System Three. It's specifically designed to be very "wet" so it wells into every little crevice (via capillary pressure). It's pricey, but worth it. I have some items where it's lived in the outdoors for more than a decade and is surviving well. For a buffing compound, I've used Meguiars 105 and 205 compounds.

If you try a repair, it'd be interesting to know the outcome.
Yeah the visible surface isn't too bad, it cracked pretty good underneath that area where some road debris kicked up and bounced of it causing the damage. I'm with you, I think repairing it may be the cost effective option. I can't solely on principal pay $1,500 to the stealership for such a tiny trim piece. I'll replace it with an aftermarket center splitter before I pay that.