Coupe/Roadster
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metal Fabrication?? OEM "Protective" Plastic Cooler Radiator Screens are Inadequate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM

Received 236 Likes on 158 Posts
Metal Fabrication?? OEM "Protective" Plastic Cooler Radiator Screens are Inadequate

For Reference, this concerns these "Protective" Plastic Screens, photographed below from a previous thread:

Colleague with GT R already on 3rd OEM Plastic Screen, and 2nd Cooler Radiator due to regular road debris impact.

Myself (also GT R), on my 2nd OEM Plastic Screen thanks to road debris as well.

Do we have any Fabricators or recommendations for same, to fabricate a Metal version of this OEM design?

There are companies that offer Metal mesh screens in various patterns, however, I believe the OEM design is already Optimized for airflow/cooling.

Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 GTC Edition 50
I purchased some metal mesh from Amazon and used some metal snips to cut them to size. Then using zip ties I was able to attach it to the bumper. They are very secure and I’ve had no issues over 3 years. Black metal still looks great.

The Rhombus pattern matches the pattern of the plastic inlay for the hood vents very nicely.