Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

About how much would it cost to re-paint a car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 545i, SLK55 AMG (on order)
About how much would it cost to re-paint a car?

Hey everyone. This doesn't exactly have anything to do with a Mercedes, but I figured I could get an easy answer here, so excuse me for a second:

How much do you think it would cots to get a car painted over to cover scratches? I have a black 5-Series (hey - only because I'm waited for my '55) and it was keyed a while back, and after last summer's hurricanes down here in Cape Coral, FL, it's not in such good shape anymore. There are no hugely garrish scratches on it, but there are enough so that I can't get it to look quite like it's showroom-quality no matter how much expensive wax I slap on it. I don't think it'd require too much work, probably even just one coat to cover the scratches. Do you think I could get it done for under a grand?

There are minor scratches all over the car, keyed ones on the trunk, so it would be easier to get the whole thing painted.

Thanks for your assistance.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:47 PM

95 E300D
No way you can do this under gran.If you want to repaint all car it should cost around 3000 atleast,im talking for good job,not just over spray.If you want do overspray,dont, it will look like ****.Couse repaint all car its a lot of work.Im talking about SoCal price.I did my Firebird 2 yr. ago so i know whats up.

Good luck in research.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Earl Shieb (sp?) will do it for $199. However, if you want showroom quality, prices start at $3,000 and can easily go over $5000.

BTW, if it was keyed, file a police report and let your insurance pay for it.
Old 05-11-2005, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by r i d e r
Hey everyone. This doesn't exactly have anything to do with a Mercedes, but I figured I could get an easy answer here, so excuse me for a second:

How much do you think it would cots to get a car painted over to cover scratches? I have a black 5-Series (hey - only because I'm waited for my '55) and it was keyed a while back, and after last summer's hurricanes down here in Cape Coral, FL, it's not in such good shape anymore. There are no hugely garrish scratches on it, but there are enough so that I can't get it to look quite like it's showroom-quality no matter how much expensive wax I slap on it. I don't think it'd require too much work, probably even just one coat to cover the scratches. Do you think I could get it done for under a grand?

There are minor scratches all over the car, keyed ones on the trunk, so it would be easier to get the whole thing painted.

Thanks for your assistance.
Never for a grand. $5K and up