Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Connolly vs. Leatherique

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 12:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Question Connolly vs. Leatherique

Has anybody who has used both products have an opinion on which is better ?
Old 04-25-2005, 07:29 PM

'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Quote:Connolly vs. Leatherique Has anybody who has used both products have an opinion on which is better ?

They are the BEST leather products out there. A hard choice to eliminate one from the other

Having said that Connolly Leather Hide Food sometimes has a negative (the polite version) effect on (urathane) coated leather. But on uncoated leather (European or MB's premium leather package )it can't be beat

Leatherique will work on all kinds of leather, I would recommend it without hestitation.
JonM
Old 04-26-2005, 08:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Thanx TOGWT - I appreciate the imput. I guesss its gonna be Leatherique for my C43.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
I have used Connelly HF with my old bimmer and then stopped using it when I got my first W211 a few years ago. I figured the "perforated" seats in the EClass would become a mess with the Hide Food.

Just took delivery of a new R500.. and Oh.... that smell =-) I now long to restore that freshness to my trusty E500.... so began thinking of getting more of the HF. I could apply it to the areas not perforated yes?? =) Do the perforations become clogged if I apply the HF to the whole seat surface? I've been using a "spray" type product (lexol) since getting the E.. and occassionaly hit them with a quick "wipe" from Meguiars.

I'm pretty sure my E has uncoated leather... it is the most soft/supple feeling seats I have EVER felt period. Even other cars in the showroom lack that feel. Some even feel "hard and coated" even though they are leather (and this is in HIGHER level benzes i.e. SL's, S, CL, etc).

Anyways, thanks for your feedback...
Peter