Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

How do I keep my convertible top like new??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 09:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 clk320 cabriolet
How do I keep my convertible top like new??

I was wondering how to keep my convertible top looking new. What products do any of you recommend? Do I need to spray a protectant on the top every so often? I just want to make sure that i keep the top in as good a condition as I possibly can. Thanks for any suggestions you all my have for me.

jeannnbeannn
Old 05-13-2005, 07:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Rode & Schwalenbert Gmbn. (Germany) the world leading manufacturer of automobile convertible tops exclusively recommends Harrtz RaggTop Cleaners and Protectant. Developed specifically for cleaning, re-proofing and preserving convertible tops, these cleaning kits consist of two products

1. Cleaner to remove soiling, stains and atmospheric pollution for both natural and synthetic materials. The best cleaners are formulated from low-pH (low alkalinity) and gentle enough for repeated use over years. They will rely on proteins and enzymes for their safe, but effective, cleaning power.

2.Fabric protector to re-proof and preserve fabric tops from the effects of water absorption, surface soiling and staining, and provide a sunscreen from UV radiation and subsequent fading. The fabric protector recommended by Glen Raven Mills (Sunbrella) and the Haartz Corporation is 303 High Tech Fabric Guard restores lost water repellence and stain repellence to factory new levels. It stops leaks, resists soiling, impedes mildew formation and helps protect against the sun's harmful UV rays.
JonM