Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Powerade Spilled All Over The Dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C240 4Matic
Powerade Spilled All Over The Dash

Girlfriend leaves powerade on the dash while answering her cell phone, next thing I know its all over dash.... Opened The Door Kicked her out and Dumped her @ss shortly following

Well not really, but the powerade has been sitting on the dash for about a week

Any ideas how to clean it up, its pretty sticky now?

Thanks in advance
Old 05-29-2005, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'03 Yukon XL Denali, '06 Eclipse GS
Hmm, damn the girlfriend. Just kidding.

Has the car been parked under the sun? If so the Powerade would definitely be a challenge to wipe off, but I'm sure there's still a possibility. I would try a damp cloth first, and if that doesn't suffice I would visit an auto store and buy me a recommended degreaser/cleaner.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz w124
whoa... no. dont' get a degreaser. that is way too strong for a dash. first get yourself some soapy water and a 2 clean towels. first put one towel in the soapy water and make sure its not dripping wet so it won't fall all over your car. but make sure its just a little wet. then wipe in straight motions and not circles. after cleaning a small area; dry it off with the other dry towel ( Oh and before i forget, try to use microfiber towels for all this. they are the best ) then keep repeating that until its not that sticky. if you feel like it left a stain then get Meguiars Quick interior detail and spray all over where its fine. make sure you use a different clean microfiber towel. whats good about this product is that is cleans very well and it does not leave your dash super shiny/greasy and does not make it slippery. bad thing is that the scent isn't that great. but just leave your windows open for 30 minutes and you should be fine. i have the product and its not like the smell will knock you out, its just not pleasant. good luck taking it off!