Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Interior car care 1972 280SE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 11:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1972 280SE
Interior car care 1972 280SE

Hi,

I've just purchased a 1972 280SE. It's my first MB and my first car project. Interior is in very good condition, and I'd like to keep it that way. Can anyone tell me what you use to clean the wood and upholstery? I don't want to damage the materials in any way.

Thanks,
Ron
Old 06-07-2005, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E500
My experience with interior upkeep is to use distilled water on wood, leather seats and vinel, I used it on inside windows as well since I have tints on them and tint shops don't recommand using windex for cleaning. I haven't run into anything in my interior that water can't cean off, I suppose if it is something really greasy then windex would do the trick. Besides these two I haven't had the need to use other cleaning agents yet.

For dash and leather conditioning, I've had used Meguires Leather wipe which had a good smell but is a little bit greasy for me. Zaino's Z-10 is what I am using currently, it leaves a non greasy finish and smells great but the only complain is that the fresh leather smell doesn't last too long.