Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Hey awiner, beat this! After Klasse AIO shine,

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Smile Hey awiner, beat this! After Klasse AIO shine,

Remember this is before i put on the superglaze. I used 3M SMR (2 passes) and Klasse AIO (3 coats), then Klasse SG (1 coat) but this pic was taken befor the SG was applied. Thanks for the help David N.
Old 12-06-2001, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
And another...

im just kidding adam, ur car looks nice too
Old 12-06-2001, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
And another! last one
Old 12-06-2001, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Sweet shine ! Can't beat a clean swirl free black car for the sine ! Good job !
Old 12-06-2001, 11:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
W212 E63, Audi R8 4.2, Panamera S, Range Rover Sport GT
that is the shinest ML320 i've ever seen...DamB!!!!
Old 12-06-2001, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 E55 AMG - Brilliant Silver (very rare)/ Charcoal, K2a
Al,

Looks awesome (but as a 'former' black car owner I know ... you probably went inside after taking the pics to upoad them onto your computer, and went outside to look at your awesome ride while the pics were uploading ... and the ML looked dirty again! THATS why I wont own a black car ever again ... 4 hour's of detailing ... and it still shows everything).

BTW: noticed something in the corner of one of your pics ... do you have your own 4-wheel drive hill in your backyard?
Old 12-06-2001, 11:48 PM
Administrator

Received 796 Likes on 495 Posts
2020 Audi R8 V10, 2016 AMG GTS, 2018 E63S Edition 1, 2018 Porsche GTS Cab, 2012 C63 BS
Originally posted by Drew
Al,

Looks awesome (but as a 'former' black car owner I know ... you probably went inside after taking the pics to upoad them onto your computer, and went outside to look at your awesome ride while the pics were uploading ... and the ML looked dirty again! THATS why I wont own a black car ever again ... 4 hour's of detailing ... and it still shows everything).

BTW: noticed something in the corner of one of your pics ... do you have your own 4-wheel drive hill in your backyard?
Black is a beaaaatttttcccchhhhh to keep clean but when it is clean there is nothing better on the road but I can totally relate to your post.

And I saw that mountain too??? Al, do you own a sand and gravel company because that is a once huge *** hill.
Old 12-07-2001, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Actually it is , no just kidding. They are building houses next to me and that is the excavation dump (temporary). And yes the idiot construction workers send dust flying everywhere, so yes drew my car was dirty
Old 12-07-2001, 07:57 AM

2001 CLK 320
Klasse

First class job. I am curious, how long do you usually allow between waxings? Like you, I live in the Northeast and would really like to use something that has longevity. Given that certain products don't set up well below a given temperature, those of us in colder sections often have to wait until spring until the next waxing. Does Klasse last a long time?
Old 12-07-2001, 08:15 AM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Re: Hey awiner, beat this! After Klasse AIO shine,

Originally posted by AlBoston
Remember this is before i put on the superglaze. I used 3M SMR (2 passes) and Klasse AIO (3 coats), then Klasse SG (1 coat) but this pic was taken befor the SG was applied. Thanks for the help David N.

Al, you're car looks beautiful!! Very nice! Tell me, were you able to remove all of the hazing from the paint? Did the 3 passes of AIO help to remove the haze?

Remember to wait at least 24hrs in between coats of SG(Sealant Glaze). Let it dry for about an hour before buffing it off. You may have to give it more time to dry since the weather is cooler now.

CLK320,

One coat of the klasse twins will give you 6 months of protection.
Old 12-07-2001, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz
Well yesterday it was 65 and wasnt very sunny, off and on and while it was sunny i had just finished the SMR, i pulled the car out into the sun and there was very little haze. I found out the first time around i was applying it wrong (took some tips from that autopia place, thanks again david), that you have to keep rubbing the SMR into your paint till it drys, no hazing. After that the paint felt very smooth and about 50% swirl reduction. I washed with dawn in the beginning, because i had applied some aio last week, but the water still beaded very well. odd. After i applied the 3 coats of aio, i went over the whole car with a flourescent light and i didnt see any hazing. While i had posted those pics i was waiting for the SG to dry on my car. I gave it 2 hours and it still required a lot of effort so i used warm water in a spray bottle and it came right off. So yea AIO did remove the haze and I also put 2 coats on the rims, on the gray trim and brush guards. I didnt bother putting SG on the roof or SMR seeing that no one looks at the roof, but i did give it 3 coats of AIO for protection from the sun. BTW i would never apply klasse without MF towels.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:20 PM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Al...

You're very welcome!

I'm glad it all worked out. You sound like a very satisfied Klasse customer. Those guys need to start cutting me some comission cheques. . Anyways, I wanted to ask you, where did you buy your fluorescent light from? I'd love to get one.

As for MF towels only; It's not true. I use fieldcrest charismas to remove all polishes and sealants(including klasse) with no problems whatsoever. Don't buy into the "Go MF or go home" hype. MF towels have become very very popular over the last 12 months. The quality of the towels are no where near as good as they once were due to the increase in popularity. The sole manufacturer in Korea has had to significantly step up production at the expense of quality. Sad part is, the price of the towels have stayed the same.

Happy SG'ing!!!
Old 12-10-2001, 08:54 PM
JohnN

I have to agree on the MF topic David... I own some Fieldcrests and got a couple of MF towels in my last CMA order, and tested them both.

Considering how much smaller they are (for the price no less), they didn't impress me at all. They were pretty handy on detailing the glass - but I didn't see much of a difference anywhere else.

Give me some good ole' 100% cotton towels any day.

Al - did you happen to use the Sonus QD that Autopia sells? I got it in my Klasse order, and I think it worked *REALLY* well. Made putting on and taking off Klasse easier than I could possibly have hoped for..