Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Am I applying Zaino correctly?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2005, 04:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Am I applying Zaino correctly?

Hi detailing gurus!

I am not sure whether I am applying Zaino or not since I read that 1 ounce should be enough for a car and I am using more than that. Here is what I do: After washing, drying and claying the car (when necessary), I mic up a 2 ounce bottle of Z2 mixed with 10 drops of ZFX, shake it thoroughly and let it sit for a few minutes. Then I use on of those white cotton applicators and start putting on the mixture. However, I find that the one dab that is supposedly sufficient for a fender, door, etc. is immediately absorbed by the applicator, so I tend to use more. As a result, the 2 ounce bottle is usually empty after doing my car twice (E-class). I then wait about a half hour (temepratures in the 60s to 70s) and buff it off with a high-quality microfiber cloth. What am I doing wrong? Should I make the applicator damp with water or Z6? Should I use Z6 in between? Any advice would be most appreciated! Thanks!
Old 06-15-2005, 09:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
I don't like using their applicators because it does soak up too much wax. I had been using a dampened z6 sponge and then got this malm unit. http://shop.malms.com/Qstore/Qstore....J01070559813J1

The z2 goes on thin and evenly and I use about about 1/2 to 3/4 oz per coat on the E.

I only use z6, watered down to a 50/50 mix, as the last step to help remove any leftover residue. After spritzing an area and before wiping it off, I hand spread it to get maximum coverage and benefit. Wiping it off immediately as recommended seemed to waste a lot of material too.

The other instructions have to be followed but Sal is business to sell his stuff and the more you use the better for him. Take some time to figure out the gallon cost of the zxf and you'll be shocked!...it's north of $30k.
Attached Thumbnails Am I applying Zaino correctly?-sw.gif  
Old 06-15-2005, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
I use a plain old white t-shirt.I wash it after every application and have had outstanding results.
Old 06-20-2005, 02:03 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I do use their pads. I normally dip it in a bucket of clean water and ring it out good before using. Start in small sections and spread it thin. Spreading it thin is the key.

If you use the pad dry, I would imagine it would soak up quite a bit of polish.