Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

help with spots!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 05:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Originally Posted by E55AMG99
I see what you are saying. I consider the clay common to both. The wax is one step but zaino is 3.

BTW, you are damn fast!
I don't understand what you mean. With Zaino, you mix the Z2 with ZFX, apply, and wipe off.

The key to doing a good job, AND doing it fast is the same; thin coats. You can almost apply the zaino as fast as it would take you to wipe down the car. I'm a little slower with a wax. Wax is normally a bit thicker so it doesn't spread as easy. Also with wax, you have to be EXTRA careful not to get it on any plastic trim pieces. When it comes time to remove, with zaino, it's like towel drying your car. It really doesn't take much effort to remove. With wax, you have to rub a little harder, and it takes a bit longer, especially if it's been sitting awhile.

I've put 3 coats of zaino on my car, and 3 coats on my wife's BMW (when she first got it) all in the same day (working side by side).
Old 07-22-2005, 06:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Clk 500 Coupe
i was ready to order the whole zaino step by step kit but ive heard bad things about synthetic wax on black cars and how they dont stand out as much... if i were to take a different route besides zaino what do u guys think i should do.. a lot of the bimmer guys out there use a lot of poorboys products. i dont know much aobut it...
Old 07-22-2005, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SL600, 2001 S500, 1996 SL320
Hmmmm......

Originally Posted by XxGoppyxX
i was ready to order the whole zaino step by step kit but ive heard bad things about synthetic wax on black cars and how they dont stand out as much... if i were to take a different route besides zaino what do u guys think i should do.. a lot of the bimmer guys out there use a lot of poorboys products. i dont know much aobut it...
I don't get that about bad thing about Zaino on Black Cars, I think Zaino looks the BEST on Black or dark colored cars.

Zaino on the SL
Old 07-23-2005, 02:04 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by XxGoppyxX
I wouldn't even THINK about using anything but Zaino on a black car.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Clk 500 Coupe
ok ill take your word for it...
Old 07-23-2005, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by revstriker
I don't understand what you mean. With Zaino, you mix the Z2 with ZFX, apply, and wipe off.

The key to doing a good job, AND doing it fast is the same; thin coats. You can almost apply the zaino as fast as it would take you to wipe down the car. I'm a little slower with a wax. Wax is normally a bit thicker so it doesn't spread as easy. Also with wax, you have to be EXTRA careful not to get it on any plastic trim pieces. When it comes time to remove, with zaino, it's like towel drying your car. It really doesn't take much effort to remove. With wax, you have to rub a little harder, and it takes a bit longer, especially if it's been sitting awhile.

I've put 3 coats of zaino on my car, and 3 coats on my wife's BMW (when she first got it) all in the same day (working side by side).
I always assumed (yeah, yeah, I know) that it was applied and removed like wax. If that's the case, I'll have to try it. Thanks for the info, Rev!
Old 07-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by E55AMG99
I always assumed (yeah, yeah, I know) that it was applied and removed like wax. If that's the case, I'll have to try it. Thanks for the info, Rev!
Well, it's the same type of steps; rub on, wait, rub off. However, IMO, it goes on and comes off much easier.

If you do try it, make sure you get the ZFX to add to the Z2. Otherwise, you need a coat of Z1, before the Z2, and you can only do one coat of Z2 per 24 hours. The ZFX is well worth the price.
Old 07-23-2005, 07:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1951 Caterpiller D6
Originally Posted by revstriker
Well, it's the same type of steps; rub on, wait, rub off. However, IMO, it goes on and comes off much easier.

If you do try it, make sure you get the ZFX to add to the Z2. Otherwise, you need a coat of Z1, before the Z2, and you can only do one coat of Z2 per 24 hours. The ZFX is well worth the price.
I'll have to give it a try after vacation. Thanks again