Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Vomit on 17" AMG CLK wheels, advice?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Vomit on 17" AMG CLK wheels, advice?

So i came out of the stadium after a humiliating football loss to Vanderbilt to find that some drunken tailgater had puked all over my right rear wheel, and left two handprints on the back quarter panel. I was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY pissed off since i was already mad because of the game. I didnt find out who it was though, and this forum isnt for anger advice so ill stick to the subject at hand. I took it to the carwash and used a DIY spray hose to get the stuff off with soap and water. It was probably on there for about a 2 hours. Is there anything else i need to do? How much damage do you think was done to the clear coat on the wheel? Thanks
Old 09-02-2005, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2 SL with every Brabus mods available & Class A competition sound system
If you say you wash it of with in 2 hours.....then I think it should be ok....
Old 09-02-2005, 08:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'84 380 SL/ '02 XK8
Vomit:
Is an organic stain and should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner Protein Stain Remover HT-67 (topoftheline.com) a highly concentrated, biodegradable powder, and the acid neutralized (Baking powder / distilled water or (Automotive International A B C Decontamination / Neutralization system (http:// www.autoint.com) as soon as possible, otherwise the acid will be reactivated each time it comes into contact with water, which will etch the wheel surface clear coat.

Take all necessary precautions when dealing with bodily fluids (latex cloves, and etc) and when disposing of stained items.
JonM

Last edited by TOGWT; 09-02-2005 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 C32 Black/Charcoal
Take it easy, guys. I had nothing to do with it.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 Mclaren 720s, 2021 Aston Martin DBX
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Take all necessary precautions when dealing with bodily fluids (latex cloves, and etc)
JonM
Don't forget about latex gondoms!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by TOGWT
Vomit:
Is an organic stain and should be removed with an enzyme type cleaner Protein Stain Remover HT-67 (topoftheline.com) a highly concentrated, biodegradable powder, and the acid neutralized (Baking powder / distilled water or (Automotive International A B C Decontamination / Neutralization system (http:// www.autoint.com) as soon as possible, otherwise the acid will be reactivated each time it comes into contact with water, which will etch the wheel surface clear coat.

Take all necessary precautions when dealing with bodily fluids (latex cloves, and etc) and when disposing of stained items.
JonM
So i should do this even though it has been cleaned off becaues there is still some acid on there?
Old 09-02-2005, 03:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes-Benz w124
hmm i didn't know about the thing being 'activated' each time water touches it. I myself think that the powerful hose off 2 hours after was a great idea, and just use your regular rim cleaner to get anything remaining off. i may be wrong though.