Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Used a few new products for the 1st time today.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbus
Used a few new products for the 1st time today.

Meguiar's. nxt Window Cleaner. Thumbs up. It really was streak free.

Meguiar's nxt Extreme Tire Dressing. It's great if you like the real "wet" look. If not, you will hate it. Now lets see how long it lasts. It comes in a spray can and dispenses in a very fine mist. Spray it onto an applicator 1st. Be wary of which way the wind is blowing because you might not even notice it is blowing all over your newly completed washjob or rims.
Have used the purple MeGuiar's gel that smelled like grapes and that was the all time favorite here. It lasted and the tires stayed black instead of turning "brown" Have run out and apparently none of the local stores carry it around here.

The Absorber/Glosser "Very soft" microfiber towel. Works great on wood trim.Thumbs up. No scratches on wood. Zaino Z6 used with it.

Swifter Auto Duster pads . Comes with a handle .Thumbs up for cleaning dust off panels,dash and trim. Still won't reach the crud in the smallest nooks and crannies around the trim. I use a compressed air can to blast that stuff out.
Old 09-18-2005, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I love those swiffers for dust removal.. I keep one in my car, and along with a can of compressed air the inter remains like new.

Do you use the zaino on the wood trim? is that adding protection?
Old 09-19-2005, 03:34 PM

Airbus
Do you use the zaino on the wood trim? is that adding protection?
Yes and no. I have always used just a small amount to just get rid of the smears off of the wood trim with a good MF cloth. This may sound a little ****, but a good quality cloth is the key. Some cheap cloths have poorly sewn edges that can scratch the surface as will a tag.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:08 PM

04 E 500 4matic wagon; CLS 63 AMG
Check out the website of Griot's Garage. It offers complete line of car care products, including two verions of micro fiber wipes. I have been using them for some time now, and even after a number ofwashings, they are still like almost new. (No, I am not a Griot salsperson.)
Old 09-19-2005, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'05 E320 CDI, '08 BMW X5 4.8i, '11 Duramax 2500HD
I heard the costco mirco fiber towels are good.. used them on the outside of the car, and so far no scratching.. and I too am ****.

I just ordered some Z6 and Z8 to try on the outside and wood trim.. think I need to strip off my prior wax before I apply? or can I just apply over it? I used Wolfgangs Synthetic Polymer wax (very expensive and good stuff).
Old 09-19-2005, 08:01 PM

Airbus
They (the self proclaimed and real experts) claim some polymer "waxes" will not mix with other polymer "waxes"/products. So don't know the answer to that. Imho putting a Zaino polymer over a Carnauba based product is a waste as the Zaino will not bond. It caused a lot of streaking when I tried experimenting.However, have put a coat of Carnauba overtop of the Zaino products and it looked great temporarily. If you are going to be using Zaino products imho it is best to just do a wash with blue Dawn dishwashing liquid 1st. That will strip the old "wax" off.