Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

Did I mess up by getting PERMA PLATE on my car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 10:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 E350 Flint Grey
I made the same mistake but luckily I came here and read the post on how useless it was before haivng them apply it. When to the dealer the next day and got my money back.

Of course I had to endure a whole sales pitch all over again before she would refund my money...
Old 02-04-2006, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Originally Posted by DreamCast
Thanks guys!

Yes I was fooled by the perma plate!

That is cold how if you do not bring it back in 6 months they will discontinue the warranty. That is exactly what they said to me you need to bring it back but i didnt realize i had to pay for it they made it sound like i never had to pay for touch ups again!

I will wax the car myself seems like fun especially if you know your the one doing it you feel safer.

Ok now I need to know the tools I need.

The wax and wash
The applicator
the towels what do you guys use please?

thanks again.

this board is great.
Kar Don actually did a very good job here to teach you step by step how to detail your car. To get the products that you need, you can try autopia.com (for things like Klasse All-In-One or P21S Wax) or Zaino's website (for Zaino products).
Old 02-05-2006, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Kev04C320
Kar Don actually did a very good job here to teach you step by step how to detail your car. To get the products that you need, you can try autopia.com (for things like Klasse All-In-One or P21S Wax) or Zaino's website (for Zaino products).
Ya kar don really made it pretty simple and easy for anyone to learn! props to him for going through all that.

thanks kev04 Ill check those sites out.

I know ill have fun detailing my 06 c230 I already have to wipe it every morning before work cause the perma plate doesnt help any with water spots.