Detailing & Automotive Care Use this forum to discuss detailing, cleaning and automotive care to maintain the beauty in your Mercedes-Benz.

madness!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 E220cdi ,2004 E500
madness!!!!!!!

Hi!
i was recently reading the "ask the retail doctor" tips on http://www.properautocare.com/. i really hope you donīt follow their tips because then youīll soon be very sorry. when i was reading through their tips i was just laughing at their complete lack of knowledge i the field of auto detailing. "This contamination can not be removed by washing, waxing and/or polishing" is what they had to say about paint contamination, bullĪĪĪt is my answer to that. my company does this on almost a daily basis with a light type of acid and get superb results and i have the car dealers to prove it.
when cleaning the cars paint no matter wether it is tar, oil or paint contamination itīs only a matter of chemistry thats it. for example:if you want to remove tar from your car you need a petrolbased solution to dissolve it. a biological solution wont dissolve tar. itīs like mixin oil and water it canīt be done. this principle applys to all cleaning wether itīs the interior or the exterior and iīm a bit surprised that they clearly donīt understand this fact.
and donīt get me started on how they use the polishing machine.
NEVER TILT THE MACHINE!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BLACK 05 C230SS
Your right on what you said. But I usually wash the car with dishwashing detergent and than use Clay to get rid of all the contaminants. I think Claying is the most safest way of taking of all the little ruff contaminants on the paint surface.